Thread: New Marco Minneman Solo Stuff!

New Marco Minneman Solo Stuff!

A man of many talents and humor too!

This guy is off the charts brilliant!

wtf?
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

chalkpie
    I love this.

That was weird. I'll have to get my head around it.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Glad to share!

I haven't followed his solo career yet, but did love the recent album he did with Levin & Rudess.

Sounds like this would be a perfect album on ReR... oh wait.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Ordered my copy today through Lazy Bones. Anyone heard the whole thing yet?

Just got my copy today. I'll try to listen soon and let you know what the whole thing is like.

Is this truly a solo record or are there other personnel?
    Whatever the case a talented mofo for sure, I really dig it.

Wacky, but his guitar playing doesn't hold up with his drumming. I dig this stuff he did with Jason Sadites
    "Young man says you are what you eat, eat well."
    http://www.blissbomb.net/

Quote Originally Posted by progholio View Post
    Is this truly a solo record or are there other personnel?
    Whatever the case a talented mofo for sure, I really dig it.
    It's just about all Marco. Scott Schorr plays guitar bass and keys on one song.

That first track was like music to do The Twist by while peaking on acid. The video was hilarious!

Marco is an amazing drummer! Saw him live with The Aristocrats. I'm not sure I'd want to hear a (almost) whole album of him doing the "one man band" thing, but I suppose I could be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by No Pride View Post
    I'm not sure I'd want to hear a (almost) whole album of him doing the "one man band" thing, but I suppose I could be surprised.
    I haven't gotten all the way through yet, but I like it a lot so far. The video track is not the strongest IMO. I have been surprised at the amount of melody and even hooks in some of the tunes. I guess I was expecting a real jagged, odd-timey bunch of songs. Technically amazing, but maybe not all that engaging.

I have just about all of Marco's music - solo, Illegal Aliens, Aristocrats... I have to admit that while I'm a big fan, there are some things I've really only listened to a few times. So far, I think this is going to be one that I listen to a lot.

I've listened to it twice through so far, and there's a lot of good to mine here.

His style is all over the place: weird avant stuff (like "OC DC"), fusion-y stuff, glorious prog. He's quite good on all the instruments. I agree that the video track is not the strongest.

This is a fun, well-played album. Pick it up.

Quote Originally Posted by No Pride View Post
    I'm not sure I'd want to hear a (almost) whole album of him doing the "one man band" thing, but I suppose I could be surprised.
    As with most solo projects, I'd rather the artist bring in a whole band to do it, but, again, Marco is talented enough to pull it off.

I haven't been able to keep up with his prolific output, but if you're looking for a release with a lot of excellent prog rock tunes, his 2 disc set Contraire De la Chanson features tons of great stuff. Both discs are 80 minutes. There are a number of punkish/metal type tunes interspersed as well.

Comfortably Homeless is another excellent CD with high quality material. And Broken Orange should appeal to jazz fans. It features Earthworks pianist Steve Hamilton, and Passport bassist Wolfgang Schmid. The material is excellent, and rhythmically challenging. It's very well recorded too.

NEARfest Officer Emeritus Nearfest2's Avatar
    Still love "Housewifedogandtwokids" from his "House Wife Dog and 2 Kids, Pt. 1".
    Chad

This is right in my wheelhouse. Thanks for sharing!