Thread: Crimson Project releases

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar

Crimson Project releases

I haven't seen or heard The Crimson Project, but I'm thinking of ordering their Live in Tokyo CD, and maybe the official bootleg CD.
    Anyone have any comments on them? I suppose one that will come up is why not just listen to live recordings of 80s Crimson instead of these CDs.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    They are a fun band, I particularly like the tour with Stickmen and Adrian Belew's Power Trio where they played for an hour as a 6 piece. I'd certainly go see them, I'm not sure I'd buy anything from them.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I just bought the "Live in Tokyo" CD a few weeks ago. I do like the performance. I think that if you generally like Adrian Belew era King Crimson, you will enjoy this CD.

Library Jon

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    I prefer the Official Bootleg...to my ears it has a bit more punch and grit, which I think the group does very well. (They were certainly much more out compared to 80s KC when I saw them a couple years ago)

That said, you get more stuff on the Tokyo CD, which is by no means terrible....just perhaps missing a little extra edge.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

It's a very good album - certainly way better than ROIOs I have heard of the same.

The band smokes. It's enough different from the double trio to warrant a purchase. I have both and can't recommend one above the other.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.