Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Obscure 70's American Prog Albums

Orange Tick Squasher Buddhabreath's Avatar
    Was it Velcro Jesus and the Colostomy Twins or perhaps Micro-Dog and the Neo-Nazi Bee Keepers?
    The combined fortunes of the world's 26 richest individuals reached $1.4 trillion last year — the same amount as the total wealth of the 3.8 billion poorest people.

I've recently found Fireballet's Night On Bald Mountain album. It's a really good listen.

They don't seem to have much of a web presence. Did any of the band go on to do anything else of note?

Quote Originally Posted by the ferret View Post
    I've recently found Fireballet's Night On Bald Mountain album. It's a really good listen.

They don't seem to have much of a web presence. Did any of the band go on to do anything else of note?
    Ryche Chlanda is in the current Lineup of Nektar

^^^^^^^^^^
    Chlanda also toured with Renaissance after Michael Dunford passed away.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravedigger View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^
    Chlanda also toured with Renaissance after Michael Dunford passed away.
    He also played on one track on Circuline's Counterpoint from 2016.

Many thanks on the info, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    He also played on one track on Circuline's Counterpoint from 2016.
    Wasn’t he also in the power pop band Private Lines, who recorded the album Trouble in School?
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

Quote Originally Posted by Progbear View Post
    Wasn’t he also in the power pop band Private Lines, who recorded the album Trouble in School?
    Yes sir: https://www.discogs.com/Private-Line...elease/2275828

And discogs also mentions the Intergalactic Touring Band on which he plays on one track: https://www.discogs.com/Intergalacti...elease/2225527

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    And discogs also mentions the Intergalactic Touring Band on which he plays on one track: https://www.discogs.com/Intergalacti...elease/2225527
    I hate to say it, but this album was horrible. There were a number of these cheesy concept albums (and I think that hideous War of the Worlds album must have been the inspiration for most of them) towards the end of the 70s that gathered tons of talent together and proceeded to squander it foolishly on terrible songs. This isn’t the worst I’ve heard, though, that dubious honor must go to the execrable Exiled from 1980, probably the final nail in the coffin of this type of record. The concept was based on the *ahem!* *Dr. Evil finger quotes* “theories” of noted Swiss con artist Erich von Däniken. If talent on the level of Lesley Duncan and Colin Blunstone can’t make your songs listenable, you may as well just pack it in. Forget the CED, I am convinced this album is really what killed RCA!
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...