Thread: Rush / Baseball article

Rush / Baseball article

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/12/02...anager-gibbons

Surprised to know Mike Rutsey who i've read for years(sports columnist) is John Rutsey's brother.
    "The wind is slowly tearing her apart"
    Sad Rain
    Anekdoten

It seems Rush fans are coming out of the woodwork lately. Actually its just a case of the media finally noticng what a huge deal Rush is and has been.

Quote Originally Posted by Yanks2009 View Post
    It seems Rush fans are coming out of the woodwork lately. Actually its just a case of the media finally noticng what a huge deal Rush is and has been.

True that.
    I wish the on-line article had the same picture as in the newspaper of Geddy sitting behind home plate on opening day in 2002 with his bag of popcorn smiling at the camera.
    Sad Rain
    Anekdoten

Quote Originally Posted by mellotron storm View Post
    True that.
    I wish the on-line article had the same picture as in the newspaper of Geddy sitting behind home plate on opening day in 2002 with his bag of popcorn smiling at the camera.
    I remember watching a game 4 or 5 years ago, Yankees at Blue Jays, and sure enough, sitting behind home plate is the expensive seats was Geddy. And he stayed the whole game. He's a serious fan, and has quite the collection of memorabelia.

I also remember the year he got to sing the Canadian anthem at the MLB all-star game, I'm thinking it was Toronto that year. Maybe not the right voice for O, Canada, but he didn't embrass himself either.

Speaking of baseball and rock musicians, its cool seeing clips of Joe Satriani playing the US anthem at A's or Giants games, I know he's done it a number of times. And it was very cool that he was shown doing the anthem in the Brad Pitt movie "Moneyball".

And of course there is a clip of Ted Leonard from Enchant singing the anthem at a Giants game. He really nails it too!

There are also some clips of Zack Wild playing the anthem at some hockey games. Hockey, remember that?

Back in the 80s when I would see RUSH on summer tours back when they would do mutiple nights in certain cities, we would occasionally spot them on the off night at old Veterans Stadium in Philly catching a game.

Speaking of baseball and rock musicians, its cool seeing clips of Joe Satriani playing the US anthem at A's or Giants games, I know he's done it a number of times. And it was very cool that he was shown doing the anthem in the Brad Pitt movie "Moneyball".

And of course there is a clip of Ted Leonard from Enchant singing the anthem at a Giants game. He really nails it too!

There are also some clips of Zack Wild playing the anthem at some hockey games. Hockey, remember that?
    No i don't remember seeing Zack doing that but i remember Slash doing the opening day anthems for the Jays a few years ago. That was cool !
    Oh man i just realized i still haven't rented Moneyball yet
    Sad Rain
    Anekdoten

Quote Originally Posted by Jay G View Post
    Back in the 80s when I would see RUSH on summer tours back when they would do mutiple nights in certain cities, we would occasionally spot them on the off night at old Veterans Stadium in Philly catching a game.
    They are such nerds right ? I mean instead of partying all night with crazy women and the like back then they are reading books or watching ball games.
    Sad Rain
    Anekdoten

I remember watching a game 4 or 5 years ago, Yankees at Blue Jays, and sure enough, sitting behind home plate is the expensive seats was Geddy. And he stayed the whole game. He's a serious fan, and has quite the collection of memorabelia.
    We were at a Jays game last April or May, had great seats from one of our suppliers, and I realized halfway through the game that I was sitting about 50 feet from Geddy. I couldn't focus on the game after that. I just wanted to keep an eye on Geddy. We hung around afterwards to try and grab a quick picture of him as he was leaving, but my damn phone froze right at the moment I wanted to snap the pic. I replaced the phone a few days later.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    We were at a Jays game last April or May, had great seats from one of our suppliers, and I realized halfway through the game that I was sitting about 50 feet from Geddy. I couldn't focus on the game after that. I just wanted to keep an eye on Geddy. We hung around afterwards to try and grab a quick picture of him as he was leaving, but my damn phone froze right at the moment I wanted to snap the pic. I replaced the phone a few days later.
    That is pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by mellotron storm View Post
    They are such nerds right ? I mean instead of partying all night with crazy women and the like back then they are reading books or watching ball games.
    I think it just means they are good family men, and don't need to chase skirts. I read Keith Emerson's auto-biography a few years ago. He said he back in the day when ELP were huge and they would score with groupies, he didn't feel like he was really cheating on his wife because he didn't do that all the time. A crazy world that none of us can really relate to. Good to see with Rush they were actually kind of normal. Boring for rock stars I guess.

That is pretty cool.
    I ran into him a parking lot one day too. But he was with his wife and wouldn't make eye contact with me. So I left him alone. It was still very cool to see him out and about like a regular guy.