Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yes- 9012live- The solos!

Quote Originally Posted by Akustika View Post
    What do you mean by different stage show? I think they used the same white/round stage. ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    I saw them in Dortmund & it was not a 'round' stage!!!
    what I meant was the stage had a round/circular slope in front & back. When viewed as a whole - it was round. The still photo in this link shows what I am talking about...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Xvaw...v-4svzzEWclq9v

Quote Originally Posted by Akustika View Post
    What do you mean by different stage show? I think they used the same white/round stage. The only difference I remember was the heavy use of "green" lasor effects on the 1st U.S. leg, which were mostly indoor stadiums vs. the 2nd leg summer outdoor shows which seemed to use less maybe??
    It was the same stage set, but there were lots of tricks in the Dortmund video that are different from what's on 9012Live. Apart from the lasers, they're using back drop films during a couple songs on the Dortmund video, which aren't seen in 9012Live, and the thing they do with the lighting rig at the end of Starship Trooper is very different. Also, Rabin doesn't do the extended noise guitar solo at the end of City Of Love on Dortmund, either.

BTW, someone mentioned the radio broadcast of the Dortmund was the full show. Not true. It's actually missing several songs. The full concert on that tour was over 2 hours, but the Dortmund radio show is only about 90 minutes.

One thing that is on the Dortmund radio show, which isn't on either the Dortmund video or 9012Live, is the sort of trippy intro to City Of Love, with Rabin making feedback sounds with his guitar, Jon sort of reciting some of the lyrics, I think Alan White throws a couple Simmons "cymbal" sounds here and there, before they launch into the song proper. I've heard a couple other versions of City Of Love, and sounds like they typically jammed around a bit at the start of the song, before calming down and then Squire starts playing that two note riff, leading the band into the main body of the song.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    You sure about that?
    Well, I don't have every show from the 84 tour on tape or anything like that, but the ones I've heard, do have Hearts in there at some point in the show. It's certainly on the Alpine Valley and Rock In Rio shows, for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post

BTW, someone mentioned the radio broadcast of the Dortmund was the full show. Not true. It's actually missing several songs. The full concert on that tour was over 2 hours, but the Dortmund radio show is only about 90 minutes.

One thing that is on the Dortmund radio show, which isn't on either the Dortmund video or 9012Live, is the sort of trippy intro to City Of Love, with Rabin making feedback sounds with his guitar, Jon sort of reciting some of the lyrics, I think Alan White throws a couple Simmons "cymbal" sounds here and there, before they launch into the song proper. I've heard a couple other versions of City Of Love, and sounds like they typically jammed around a bit at the start of the song, before calming down and then Squire starts playing that two note riff, leading the band into the main body of the song.
    The encore I'm Down with Jimny Page is also missing from the Broadcast!

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    The encore I'm Down with Jimny Page is also missing from the Broadcast!
    Yeah, that too. I imagine they couldn't secure Page's consent for it to be broadcast. Or maybe it was deemed "not very good anyway".

Yeah, that too. I imagine they couldn't secure Page's consent for it to be broadcast. Or maybe it was deemed "not very good anyway".
    I'm guessing it was more about getting permission from the publishers, not Page.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Yeah, I love that. That's how it is on the cassette version I have, recorded from the radio. Good to hear them playing with the form of it. Now, if they would just do that extended version of "Cinema" that got scrapped while recording 90125!

9012LiVE... YES at their loosest, goofiest and most humorous. behold.