Thread: hardrock/metal forums

hardrock/metal forums

Can anyone recommend any hardrock/metal forums that are especially focused on doom/power/symphonic/space/stoner/theatrical metal?

death/black/satanist/HC/industrial metal I'm not interested in.

Obelisk -doom/sludge/stoner/retro hard

http://theobelisk.net/obelisk
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Excellent! Thanks guys!

my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

I second metal music archives. I'm a member on there (DT*Rush)but don't post much. I highly recommend it though. I like that they have a category called proto metal. Don't worry about the labels too much on this one because you can browse according to style.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    I second metal music archives. I'm a member on there (DT*Rush)but don't post much. I highly recommend it though. I like that they have a category called proto metal. Don't worry about the labels too much on this one because you can browse according to style.
    I haven't been on that forum in ages , until yesterday, (M@X had proposed to me that I'd be a SC or even Admin, but I turned it down >> metal is not my area), but I'm surprised that four years down the road the forum still hasn't really grown bigger... too much competition from other sites, I guess .

Yup, these labels are a real pain on MMA as well M@X had thought of me for that "proto-metal" thing) and they can even be a pain in JMA. I don't find classifying albums (instead of whole bands) anymore satisfying than those single-genre classifications on ProgArchives.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.