Thread: Sneak preview of new CD by Malcolm Smith (Metaphor) - featuring Mattias Olsson

Sneak preview of new CD by Malcolm Smith (Metaphor) - featuring Mattias Olsson

May I share with you some short samples from my upcoming "solo" CD, which is entitled “We Were Here.”

These are just snippets taken from several songs, but I think they’ll give you a flavor for what kind of music we have produced on this project. It's mostly instrumental, but there will be some vocals on selected tunes. The CD features Mattias Olsson (Änglagård, Kaukasus) on drums, and Marc Spooner (Metaphor) on keyboards.

I expect the CD to be released and available by early fall. And by the way, now that this project is nearly complete, the return of Metaphor is in the works for next year…

thanks,
    malcolm

https://soundcloud.com/malcolmcs/sho...m_medium=email

Definitely looking forward to this, Malcolm. I've been eager for news on this.

J.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Sounds great. I should revisit Starfooted sometime in the near future, always dug that disc.

Wonderful! Really looking forward to this!

// Mattias

cover.jpg
    US, 2014.
    Delicious USA prog music, with mocking synth, tremendous clear sounds, and pretty enjoyable compositions. Subtle power. Features Mattias Olsson on drums – making an amazing performance in #5 Sykatri, and the start of an obscure part of the album – and a couple of members, like vocalist, from Metaphor. Sounds like an instrumental album despite the Metaphorish #4 Still... Life, and the Genesisish ending part of the merveilleux #6 Les canards de guerre, with a funny trying-out-my-french speaking.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    The Ducks of War, eh? LOL.

This is a good album - I don't think I knew of the connection to Metaphor, although TBH I can't remember what Metaphor sounds like.

Those of you that enjoyed Malcolm's solo album might be interested in our newer stuff under the name Isobar. And still featuring the lovely and talented Mattias Olsson on drums and percussion! https://isobarprog.bandcamp.com

Isobar III will drop in early 2023!