Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jaszyk, Collins, Fripp and Co. - Scarcity of Miracles

Jaszyk, Collins, Fripp and Co. - Scarcity of Miracles

After a couple of yrs since its release, how has this held up???

Still cures insomnia.

yup.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    I like it a lot.

I slightly prefer the alternate version of the album from the DVD release, and I made an MP3 album out of that with the raw improvs mixed in.

yeselpkrimson
    Quote Originally Posted by progman1975 View Post
    After a couple of yrs since its release, how has this held up???
    It worries me that 3/7 of the current King Crimson lineup wrote it and 5/7 perform on it.

But if the current lineup are just going to tour without recording any new KC material, then I guess it doesn't matter.

If they do stay together to record new music, I will hope that ASoM was the calm before the storm.

Listened to it again yesterday and got a lot of it. I like this one.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

i don't get the hate...it's a much more airy and subtly arranged album that has more to do with the conversations between the players than say actual writing? Which has its pluses and minuses i suppose...don't see any future Crimson releases on the horizon either but i could be wrong...

Can something put me to sleep without it being tagged as hate?

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    What IS hate ?

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Forgettable.

As per my review, I enjoyed it immensely. I think one big trick is not going in with expectations. Or, heck, you just don't like it, which is (of course) totally fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Haruspex Carnage View Post
    i don't get the hate...it's a much more airy and subtly arranged album that has more to do with the conversations between the players than say actual writing? Which has its pluses and minuses i suppose...don't see any future Crimson releases on the horizon either but i could be wrong...
    Bland. Nothing new. Check Jansen/Barbieri/Karn albums of the 90s - and you won't need this bad copy.

I listened to it on youtube, NOT what I expected at all. I don't hate it, but it would be a grower in my collection i think. There are some really great moments. Its got a heavy Jaszyk feel, not only the vocals, which I'm a fan of, but it really reminds me a LOT of Bruised Romantic Glee Club. As mentioned above, airy, subtle.
    I think it falls into the same realm as the album Sylvian and Fripp did together in that it doesn't sound like either of them really.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    It's a nice Jakko album with a good guest list
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by gpeccary View Post
    I listened to it on youtube, NOT what I expected at all. I don't hate it, but it would be a grower in my collection i think.
    That's exactly right. Because it's not a hard-hitter, it can perhaps come off for some as a less-than-great record, though I liked it from the get-go; but repeated listens reveal many rewards, imo, that are not heard initially.

I'd say your assessment is right on GP; ever though of writing reviews?

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Average at best IMO.

I like the cover art though!
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Quote Originally Posted by jkelman View Post
    That's exactly right. Because it's not a hard-hitter, it can perhaps come off for some as a less-than-great record, though I liked it from the get-go; but repeated listens reveal many rewards, imo, that are not heard initially.

I'd say your assessment is right on GP; ever though of writing reviews?
    ahhh, yours would be a hard act to follow, yours are always so good, but it would be worth a shot! I thought about it back when the internet was a young'un!

This thread makes me want to pull out the Romantic Glee Club. I think I will later on tonight

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by N_Singh View Post
    This thread makes me want to pull out the Romantic Glee Club. I think I will later on tonight
    Superb release. I think he's one of the strongest vocalist for Crim.

Quote Originally Posted by gpeccary View Post
    ahhh, yours would be a hard act to follow, yours are always so good, but it would be worth a shot! I thought about it back when the internet was a young'un!
    If I'm proof of anything (I started writing in 2001, when I was 45), it's that it's never too late....if you feel it, go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Superb release. I think he's one of the strongest vocalist for Crim.
    Agree completely.

chalkpie
    So far I'm underwhelmed after a few spins, but I WANT to like it. I'll keep trying.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    It's a nice Jakko album with a good guest list
    Agreed.

I'm not the biggest Crimson fan. Never really gave them the time they deserve. One day, I suppose. But I saw this album as a "contemporary" way to see what they would be about. So, I bought it and liked it. So, I then got Jaksyk's Romantic Glee Club album and I have to agree with others that this seems to me to be more of a Jakko album than a Crimson or even Projekt album.

But, whatever - that shouldn't matter to one's enjoyment of it, and I do really enjoy it.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    I haven't warmed to it, or it hasn't warmed to me. Let's say I have yet to connect with the music. The same is true with Bruised Romantic Glee Club. Both hit me with a level of "adult contemporary" that is just hard for me to get over.
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.