Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Red Masque's New Album Mythalogue. Release Update

The Red Masque's New Album Mythalogue. Release Update

Mythalogue Coming Soon!
    Philadelphia avant / progressive rock band The Red Masque's new album will arrive in late Feb. / early March 2013

According to Beta-lactam Ring Records (BLRR), who are releasing the album, pre-orders for the album will start in Mid January. After the official release, copies will be made available for order through BLRR and The Red Masque's own website. For those who contributed to the Red Masque's Kickstarter campaign to help fund the album costs, downloads will be made available around Christmas. Emails will be sent to contributors. Stay tuned.

Mythalogue will be released in two formats: a standard issue CD and special limited art edition, all presented in a custom made book-bound gatefold sleeve with a fold-out mini poster featuring artwork by TRM vocalist Lynnette Shelley. The custom art CD (edition of 50) will feature mini original artworks by Lynnette. These artworks will be presented in the format known as Artist Trading Cards (ATC), which are the size of a standard baseball card. Each card will be one-of-a-kind. The nine new tracks include both five main songs (recorded at Orion Sound Studios in Baltimore by engineer Mike Potter) as well as four "intercessionals" recorded by the individual band members: The Wendigo, The Minotaur, The Dark Salt Sea, The Song for Icarus, The Labyrinth, The Sires and the Snakes, The Blessing, The Curse, The Hallowed and The Ruins of the Palace of Minos. The bonus live song is a professional recording of "Polyphemus", which the band played at the Fire in Philadelphia in May 2011. Previously, Polyphemus appeared on the band's last studio album, Fossil Eyes (released through ReR USA in 2008). This makes a total of 11 songs on Mythalogue.
    For full details on Mythalogue, please go to http://www.theredmasque.com/mythalogue.html

In the meantime, you can watch a youtube video of the song "The Minotaur" from Mythalogue.

The band hopes you enjoy this little taste of things to come! "The Minotaur" is the shortest of the main songs on the album, as well as the heaviest.

We recently gave Glenn Goring (one of the guitarist / songwriters from the incredible band Comus) a sneak earful of the new album and he had this to say:

"Well, you couldn’t class this as boring... I heard some accomplished playing and intriguing musical ideas. At one point I was reminded of Jefferson Airplane, then Stockhausen and here and there Velvet Underground with a bit of Alistair Crowley, XTC, Opeth etc, thrown into the crucible of boiling, fervent and sometimes a very scary sound. Given that I heard it through not the best speakers on the planet the production values sound dynamic and balanced. The guy who did the work most definitely has a feel for your stuff, good choice! I can also sense the connection through your art into this area of the virtually supernatural where your voice excels. Great stuff and well done. Good luck with it and thanks again for allowing me this sneak preview. I really hope it does well"

Music
    The Red Masque: www.theredmasque.com
    Green Cathedral: www.green-cathedral.com
    Art
    www.lynnetteshelley.com

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Like the sample a lot Lynette, congratulations, I'll be on the watch-out for it in the Spring.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

thanks ian
    Music
    Art
    www.lynnetteshelley.com

Very Excited!

I still can't figure out why I like this band so much, but I do!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

We brainwashed ya I tells ya!
    Music
    Art
    www.lynnetteshelley.com

also I think I have a very similiar Ugly Doll to the one in your avatar 100423

My cat has taken to it for some reason.....

Music
    Art
    www.lynnetteshelley.com

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Masque View Post
    also I think I have a very similiar Ugly Doll to the one in your avatar 100423

My cat has taken to it for some reason.....

FYI we're working on some shows in March to promote the album
    So far we've got a gig at the Rotunda (UPenn) in Philly on the 22nd and Orion Sound Studios in Baltimore on the 23rd March. More details forthcoming.
    And we're working on a NJ Proghouse date but Jim is still finalizing the date. And also working on a NY show, possibly in Brooklyn, but that's still tentative.
    Music
    Art
    www.lynnetteshelley.com

Hot stuff!
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

Attention kickstarter backers: Check your inboxes for an important update featuring download info on the new album!

Thanks GD
    Music
    Art
    www.lynnetteshelley.com

Done and received.
    I'll upload it when I get home.

download you mean?
    I hope you're not uploading!
    Music
    Art
    www.lynnetteshelley.com

Heh! Yeah, sorry. No sharing on my part!

After about 10 listens to this there is no doubt in my mind this will be one of the strongest albums of the year.

Thanks! I'm glad to hear you like it! You always wonder how stuff will be viewed once you let go of it....
    Music
    Art
    www.lynnetteshelley.com

I finally finished up all the artist trading cards that are going to be in the limited art edition version of the album (limited to 50 quantities). Each of the artist trading cards (ATC) is 2.5 x 3.5 inches and each were handmade by me, either in ink or acrylic or watercolor (or in mixed media format) on watercolor paper. Each is in a plastic sleeve and is signed, titled and numbered on the reverse.

Below are a few examples I scanned in before I mailed them off to the label
    To view some more examples, go to the mythalogue page on my band's website or visit our facebook fan page

atc19.jpgatc37.jpgatc15.jpgatc02.jpgatc16.jpg
    Music
    Art
    www.lynnetteshelley.com

and here are a few more

atc31.jpgatc17.jpgatc09.jpgatc44.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Music
    Art
    www.lynnetteshelley.com

Update

The Countdown to Mythalogue Begins...
    02.20.13: The band has finished proofing the designs and text for their new album, Mythalogue. According to Beta-lactam Ring Records, the album will be up on the label's site in about two week's time. Pre-orders will also be starting in about a week's time. Bookmark blrrecords.com for further information or keep checking the band's website for updates on our Mythalogue information page. We will also be selling a limited number of copies directly off the band's website. Stay tuned for details.
    Music
    Art
    www.lynnetteshelley.com

Preview of the reverse side of the foldout poster / insert that comes with the album featuring the lyrics and thank yous to our kickstarter patrons / fans.

http://theredmasque.com/img/insert.jpg
    Last edited by The Red Masque; 02-20-2013 at 06:36 PM.
    Music
    Art
    www.lynnetteshelley.com

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Looking forward to it.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I know, sometimes I'm too verbose.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Even though I've been enjoying the music from this fantastic release for a while, I'm looking forward to a hard copy!
    A guaranteed top of the list 2013 record for sure.

congratulations, you guys!
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

thanks guys.
    Music
    Art
    www.lynnetteshelley.com