Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Red Masque's New Album Mythalogue. Release Update

Thanks for updating here, Lynnette. I'm gonna jump on that pre-order when it's available. might even give 5 copies to my mother. <-- is that the only time that Dr. Hook has been referenced while someone is talking about TRM?

I think I am missing your reference?
    And what on earth did your mother do to you to deserve such a fate? lol
    Music
    The Red Masque: www.theredmasque.com
    Green Cathedral: www.green-cathedral.com
    Art
    www.lynnetteshelley.com

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Masque View Post
    I think I am missing your reference?
    And what on earth did your mother do to you to deserve such a fate? lol
    listen and read

IMPORTANT MYTHALOGUE STATUS UPDATE
    Important update regarding the release status of The Red Masque's new album Mythalogue. Please read. Yes, this means you!
    http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=...3&e=45dab2654c

Synapses below

Update on Mythalogue
    Well we have some good news and some bad news. The bad news is that we were told by our label, Beta-lactam Ring Records (BlRR), that there were some production issues at the printing company with another printing job which has in turn delayed the production on The Red Masque's bookbound gatefold CD cover and booklet for the new album Mythalogue. E.T.A. is around mid to third week of this month to ship out from Hong Kong. BlRR is then going to be releasing the Mythalogue in early April for worldwide purchase. So unfortunately, this delay cannot be avoided and is out of our control.

However, the good news is for those of you attending the CD release shows in March in Philadelphia and Baltimore (details below), BlRR does have the actual CD discs ready to ship. So they've graciously ordered a limited supply of jewel cases with 2-panel inserts and traycards featuring the album front cover, credits and photo of the band on them for us to bring out to the shows. PLEASE NOTE: for those of you who purchase these cds at the show, we will be taking your name and address and we will be sending you the bookbound cover and booklet when they arrive in April. Just keep the actual disc itself to pop into its new case.

For those of you who contributed to our Kickstarter campaign and are due a physical CD, we will send the bookbound gatefold edition to you when we get them from BlRR in April.

Bookmark blrrecords.com for further information or keep checking the The Red Masque's website for updates on our Mythalogue information page. Please also friend us on facebook if you have not done so already as we post updates there regularly.

March Shows
    March 22, 2013: CD Release show at The Rotunda, University of Pennsylvania, 4014 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, PA. With psychedelic / experimental band Radio Eris. Plus a screening of some experimental film and video by TRM's Brandon Lord Ross and Steve Craig, and an on-screen art show of work by Lynnette Shelley between bands. 8 PM. All Ages. FREE admission but donations encouraged. Read the press release.

March 23, 2013: CD Release show at Orion Sound Studios, 2903 Whittington Ave., Baltimore, MD. 21230. 8 PM. More details on this show coming shortly.

Thanks!

The Red Masque
    http://www.theredmasque.com
    Last edited by The Red Masque; 03-11-2013 at 01:42 PM.
    Music
    Art
    www.lynnetteshelley.com

NEW UPDATE!

The New CD has just arrived in Seattle's port and is currently being unloaded and going into customs before shipping to the Beta-lactam Ring Records in Portland. BLRR will be posting the albums on the site this week to get pre orders going. Physical album should be available before the end of the month.

Press Release from BLRR:

The Red Masque-Mythalogue
    With the first studio outing in five years from Philly's native avant prog wunderkind, The Red Masque let loose a clarion call of avant prog gravitas to all comers here. Scions to a subterranean continuum of stormy entanglements, the tendrils that entwine on these tenebrous tunes snake out from some very auspicious pods. On Mythalogue, they take a page from Red-era King Crimson and another from those that rode the more riff-centric faultlines of the 90's avant prog revival (Present, Happy Family, Thinking Plague, Sleepytime Gorilla Museum) and fire the shredded results out of confetti cannons. Riffs crunch out fevered labyrinths, time signatures create airborne origami and vocalist Lynnette Shelley's supple, full-throated attack seals it with a kiss. This crew have been hoisted on the shoulders of some of Rock In Oppostion's most formidable figures, from their previous studio affair gaining release on Chris Cutler's ReR USA imprint to Mythalogue being mixed by 5uu's/Science Group member and avant prog magi Bob Drake. Little wonder, as the interzone of turbulent energies and high wire conniptions on hand here make plain The Red Masque's heir apparent status to this trajectory.
    Last edited by The Red Masque; 04-12-2013 at 04:32 PM. Reason: grammar
    Music
    Art
    www.lynnetteshelley.com

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    LOL! Ok, I'm sold, but is there a download available?

I'm not sure yet about BLRR and downloads but I would ASSUME downloads would also be available..... I'll find out for you
    Music
    Art
    www.lynnetteshelley.com

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Will be ordered as soon as it shows up at the usual retailers.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I can't wait for people to hear this, they are going to be totally blown away!

The Red Masque's new album Mythalogue Pre-Orders Now Available for both the regular and art editions:
    http://www.blrrecords.com/shop.php?art=The+Red+Masque
    Music
    Art
    www.lynnetteshelley.com

Stream The Red Masque's new album Mythalogue and / or pre-order it:
    Regular edition: http://www.blrrecords.com/prod/2257/mythalogue.html
    Art Edition: http://www.blrrecords.com/prod/2258/...t_edition.html
    Music
    Art
    www.lynnetteshelley.com

I got some more info from our label

In addition to physical copies, to those asking about digital distribution, I was told it would be on itunes, amazon, emusic, ect. all the usual suspects around the world.

And physical copies, besides being available through BLRR's site, and TRM's site, will also be distributed via Revolver, Cobra Side, Cargo UK, Clear Spot, Drone Records world wide.
    Music
    Art
    www.lynnetteshelley.com

Do you have an idea when the discs for the kickstarter supporters will be sent out?

I was told by the label they will be mailed out Wed. I should get them in a few days. Then I will send them out as soon as I get them all packaged. So realistically, you should have a copy within two weeks, probably less, as I will basically be making packages to mail out as soon as they arrive in the door here. In the meantime, if any kickstarter person does not have a download link, please let me know and I will get the link to you. I sent out links a while back but it's possible some people don't check their emails or they got lost in spam or something. Email theredmasque@theredmasque.com if you have any issues.
    Music
    Art
    www.lynnetteshelley.com

Cool! Thanks for the info!