Thread: Black Funeral

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar

Black Funeral

I am confused....perhaps because of Dark Funeral....but I noticed this is Michael Ford? This is the same cat as in Psychonaut 75 and Hexentanz?
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

Wasn't this a Black Sabbath song? Oh wait, that was electric funeral. Nevermind.

Great and recommended album!

Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Quote Originally Posted by spacefreak View Post
    Great and recommended album!

I just got that at Maryland Death Fest!

What is interesting about Ford is when he is interviewed, he's this clean cut looking guy with a soft voice that you would never think of doing the music he does. I first came upon his music with Hexentanz, which he works with The Soil Bleeds Black, who are fantastic in their own right (not to mention that one of the Riddick brothers is an awesome artist).

by the way, Spiros-did you see Morbid has a box set out?

Quote Originally Posted by Rune Blackwings View Post
    I just got that at Maryland Death Fest!
    "Orthdog" is an unusual album. Always slammed by black metal fanatics as noisy crap. However, I consider it as one of Black Funeral's best; merging the coldness of the northern black metal style with the inhumanity of early industrial power electronics. Plus its misanthropic concept of cannibalism that adds to the morbidly alien nature of the music. The follow-up album "Waters Of Weeping" is pure black metal with a few gothic overtones and it's the best of their "normal" recordings, to my ears.

Iwhich he works with The Soil Bleeds Black, who are fantastic in their own right.
    Didn't know that Michael Ford was also with The Soil Bleeds Black. Interesting...

Spiros-did you see Morbid has a box set out?
    Oh, thanks for the tip! I see that it's on Century Media, so I just ordered the 2 CD version of it, in order not to abuse my late 80s cassettes...
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

I don't know the name of that song Spacefreak posted, but I dig it despite the vocals, which are not as irritating as a lot of harsh vocals I've heard. Is that black metal, or if not, what is it? my reaction while hearing it was the mostly the same when my son asks me if I like whatever death metal music he's playing, and I say 'get rid of that vocalist and you'll have a great piece of music.'

Quote Originally Posted by davis View Post
    Is that black metal, or if not, what is it? '
    See my quote of "Orthdog" above my friend. The name of the song is "Mummu Chaos", from that same album. 30% abysmal black metal - 70% power electronics (early industrial).
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS