Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ProgDay 2014 Roll Call

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar

ProgDay 2014 Roll Call

Is it too early? Hell no - I bookedy room today and want to talk ProgDay!

A few weeks ago on a hot day I bought a styrofoam cooler and introduced my kids to the joy of a cooler filled with your own choice of ice- cold beverages. That's kind of the high point of ProgDay for me.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I'm in
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I may be burnt out from a week of VMworld when I get there, but I am going to get there. Red eye from SFO or bust.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Strongly considering it this year, just waiting to see how the line-up progresses. I went to 95-97, 09 and 11 and had a blast each time.

Should be there.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptrick View Post
    Strongly considering it this year, just waiting to see how the line-up progresses. I went to 95-97, 09 and 11 and had a blast each time.
    It's gonna be a strong line up, you'll have a great time regardless. Progday hasn't been around for 20 years for no reason!
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Hotel booked. See you there!

Depending on expenses and vehicles. Getting a head job now, not the good one either.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

We're out this year. School....era.....continuing education and money issues. Also don't think we can get our pet sitter that weekend.
    Sorry to miss the Galactic Cowboys though. Enjoyed their PD preshow a couple years back.
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

Room booked, wifee and me are in, probably my shithead friend from Florida too.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Depending on expenses and vehicles. Getting a head job now, not the good one either.
    You mean having the heads rebuilt on your motor is not a good thing?

I'm in. Booked a room at the Comfort Inn a couple days ago. Am looking forward to it. Will by my 10th PD.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

It would take some seriously bad circumstances to keep us away.

Do you have a couple of spare chairs Jon?
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    You can sit on the grass, Ian. There'll be enough people there to help you up.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    You can sit on the grass, Ian. There'll be enough people there to help you up.
    Or I may need some herbal muscle relaxant.
    Ian

Being a NC resident now, will do my best to make my 1st ProgDay..

Quote Originally Posted by progholio View Post
    You mean having the heads rebuilt on your motor is not a good thing?
    Only if it was free. I guess I was lucky. A friend of mine buys a new car every four years and gives me his car. In January of 2012 he gave me his 2007 Impala SS 5.3L. Showroom shape with 135 thou on it and fast as shit, which the fast part doesn't really thrill me like maybe when gas was 28 cents a gallon.Putting it through inspection the #7 plug was fouled and it was missing. Changed plug and it ran great. Recently it started missing again after the traction control went out after hitting the brakes hard. The two are not related but it seems to happen that way both times. The #7 plug was bad again so we replaced it and it ran great for one day until it overheated. Picked up a thermostat and when draing the radiator there wasn't much fluid even though I had just filled it. Would have rather it just been a fouled plug I could change every six months. This seems to be a problem GM has with the expansion and contraction of the two different metals. It happened to a 94 Cutlass we have, mechanic took off the head and the engine was full of green anti freeze. Got lucky there as well with no engine damage.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Ian,

Last year's chairs found a new home, but we have a couple of folding metal chairs (purchased for use at Orion) that we can bring along. You might want to use folded towels as cushions and to be sure to keep them out of direct sun to avoid searing yourself.

Cheers,
    Jon

I may be able to pack a few extra. I'll let you know.

Thanks guys
    Ian

Ian, IF I go, I can bring extra chairs. We'll discuss later.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

The perils of flying and not bringing camping gear, I'd drive but it would be north of 15 hours
    Ian

The perils of flying and not bringing camping gear, I'd drive but it would be north of 15 hours
    I have flown every year that I attended and always brought my own chairs. What I have done is gotten a duffle type bag that is used for golf clubs. They are long enough that you can fit chairs in them. I just use it as my bag putting clothes, chairs, small cooler, everything and pack it as baggage. Works pretty well. You can get the bags for $30 to $40 (here is an example from amazon :http://www.amazon.com/Club-Champ-Gol...olf+travel+bag

Another option is finding a long regular duffle bag. I have found these more difficult to find as most of them are too short to fit chairs in, but if you can find one similar to what hockey players use for their sticks those work too.

I checked, we have extra chairs. Is your 'minion' coming again?