Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: ProgDay 2014 Roll Call

Well, I must cancel my ProgDay adventure. I have hit a credit card snafu and won't be able to rent a car in Charlotte. Have a great time, everyone!
    "The mountains are calling and I must go" - John Muir

"To breathe the same air as the angels, you must go to Tahoe" - Mark Twain

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunnibee View Post
    Well, I must cancel my ProgDay adventure. I have hit a credit card snafu and won't be able to rent a car in Charlotte. Have a great time, everyone!
    Noooooo! Very sad news.

Never mind. I worked it out. I'll be in attendance afterall! See you all there!
    "The mountains are calling and I must go" - John Muir

"To breathe the same air as the angels, you must go to Tahoe" - Mark Twain

Family misfortune! My ticket shall not be used.

Quote Originally Posted by Camelogue View Post
    sorry about that!

I wish I would have known. I would have used it and sent you a check this week.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I wish I would have known. I would have used it and sent you a check this week.
    That;s OK, just send me a check.

That;s OK, just send me a check.
    Just tell them you were paying for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Hmm, as I remember it, they were billed as Echolyn. As the World just came out or was just coming out - they were giving out copies the promo single, and I talked with Brett Kull about it for a while, got photos with the whole band, etc. I don't think I'd ever heard of Still yet. Some older guy (the Kull's dad?) was helping out with merch, etc. I really don't remember who played which ProgScape - I was at both of them.

I remember they played a good amount of As the World, all of Suite for the Everyman, and also some of ...and Every Blossom I think.

Edit - guess it was after AtW came out. But it was Echolyn.

http://www.echolyn.com/tourdiary.asp?iEntryID=158
    Just for the record...when Brett, Paul, and Ray played as a trio at Progscape they did not have a name for the band yet. They came out in ski masks and had themselves announced on the fly as "The Luther Vandross Trio". And, they were not announced as performing prior to the day of the festival, and were most certainly not represented as echolyn, nor announced as such by Chris Lamka.
    IIRC they played the song As The World (entreating attendee Chris Buzby to join them onstage...an odd idea at the time), and I think one other short echolyn tune, but the rest was new material...played to a wildly unenthusiastic audience :-)

As for Progday 2014...I'm sorry I missed it (and thanks everyone for inquiring about my whereabouts. Heh.). I had to have surgery for 2 hernias and couldn't make it. Hope everyone had a great time. Werbinox and I will be back next year!
    Last edited by veteranof1000psychicwars; 09-07-2014 at 01:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by veteranof1000psychicwars View Post
    Just for the record...when Brett, Paul, and Ray played as a trio at Progscape they did not have a name for the band yet. They came out in ski masks and had themselves announced on the fly as "The Luther Vandross Trio". And, they were not announced as performing prior to the day of the festival, and were most certainly not represented as echolyn, nor announced as such by Chris Lamka.
    IIRC they played the song As The World (entreating attendee Chris Buzby to join them onstage...an odd idea at the time), and I think one other short echolyn tune, but the rest was new material...played to a wildly unenthusiastic audience :-)

As for Progday 2014...I'm sorry I missed it (and thanks everyone for inquiring about my whereabouts. Heh.). I had to have surgery for 2 hernias and couldn't make it. Hope everyone had a great time. Werbinox and I will be back next year!
    All I can remember is one of the two years I fixed a shitload of taco dip for the bands and taking Eclat to the hotel and them being blown away that I had a television in my van.

Well, did some formation of the Echolyn guys play at both Progscapes? Because I know I saw them do a full Echolyn set at a Progscape, and they were giving out promo AtW singles and all excited about AtW. I'm pretty sure this was at the first Progscape, where Discipline also played the last slot.

When you say the rest was new material, do you mean non-Echolyn material?

Hey, Bob, that's right - I didn't see you there. Hopefully, next year.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

ProgScape '94 (November) had Echolyn - played all of Suite for Everyman as I recall, plus stuff off the new album; new album was not released until following February or March (they were playing shows in MI at the time of the official release). They were giving out the sampler CD.

ProgScape '96 (summer) was Brett, Ray & Paul as Still (not announced prior, but I believe they used the Still name sometime during the performance). Their set seemed to go over fairly well, with the awkward moment when Chris Buzby disappeared from the auditorium.

YouTube will reveal all:

Quote Originally Posted by Proglodite View Post
    ProgScape '94 (November) had Echolyn - played all of Suite for Everyman as I recall, plus stuff off the new album; new album was not released until following February or March (they were playing shows in MI at the time of the official release). They were giving out the sampler CD.

ProgScape '96 (summer) was Brett, Ray & Paul as Still (not announced prior, but I believe they used the Still name sometime during the performance). Their set seemed to go over fairly well, with the awkward moment when Chris Buzby disappeared from the auditorium.

YouTube will reveal all:

Thank you for confirming my memory!