Thread: Double Whammy! King Crimson & Steve Hackett tickets for L.A. both on sale June 6th!

Double Whammy! King Crimson & Steve Hackett tickets for L.A. both on sale June 6th!

OMG! This is a real dilemma for me, as I don't know if I could put down the money for both shows this Friday? I've already seen Hackett's marvelous show last year in La Mirada, so I'll probably go for the Crimson show first. If Hackett still has seats later on, then I'll go for it!

Both shows are at The Orpheum Theater in downtown Los Angeles. King Crimson has two shows, Sept. 30 and Oct. 1st. Steve Hackett, December 6th.

Holy cow, if you are a fan of these great prog dinosaur bands, then going to both shows is a no brainer! See you there!
    Day dawns dark...it now numbers infinity.

It sucks that the KC shows are in the middle of the week

My double whammy is that both Crimson and Steely Dan are in NY on the same nights. I will take Crimso first, even waited on buying SD tix (sold out) just in case this happened.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Thanks for the heads up on Hackett.

Presale tickets are available today for the two Crimson shows. Can anyone provide a password code? Thanks
    Day dawns dark...it now numbers infinity.

ELEMENTS fro the Warfiled shows......dunno about the LA passcode.

No, what would suck, R_burke, is not getting a KC show anywhere near you at all. Consider yourself lucky.

Good luck to those going for tickets.

neil

Thanks for the heads up! LOYALFAN works for the Steve Hackett presale.

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    My double whammy is that both Crimson and Steely Dan are in NY on the same nights. I will take Crimso first, even waited on buying SD tix (sold out) just in case this happened.
    Triple whammy...Allan Holdsworth in NYC on the 20th too!
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Use Aspic for the LA KC Presale. Worked for me.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Just got my KC ticket for the Saturday show in NYC, and yesterday got my tickets for the Hackett NYC show on the 14th (Nov?).

Sweet! I haven't seen KC since the TOAPP tour, so this should be interesting. Nice pair of shows! Already seen Hackett once on this tour, and loved it.

Looks like I'm the first to say it. Somebody has got to film this!

neil

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    Triple whammy...Allan Holdsworth in NYC on the 20th too!
    Quadruple whammy!!! Asia in Times Square on Sept. 20th too!! Just a few blocks from where KC is playing, which is just a few blocks from where Holdsworth is at. The Steely Dan show is upstate about 1 1/2hrs via railroad. What a weekend. I chose all 3 KC NYC shows and will catch at least one night/2 shows of Holdsy.