Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: King Crimson 2014 Setlist SPOILERS

Quote Originally Posted by mx20 View Post
    The tour begins tomorrow, huh? I sincerely hope you guys that get to attend enjoy it to the fullest. I'm sure I'll buy the inevitable live album(s), but I'm not interested in a "front line" of three drummers. We had more than enough drum-circle wankery in '95, IMO. On stage, I do hope The Songs don't take a back seat to the three drummers the way the other musicians have! I would expect lots of improv, as well, which on a good night could be great. I've just been to enough drum clinics in my life to never need another (not that my own playing has improved, natch). I'd still love to hear what Bill R. alone could do in the drum throne on the KC material...
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickleback View Post
    I kind of feel the same way and I'm a drummer. I'm getting a little weary of the uber-drummer contingency; guys like GH who pursue increased levels of sophistication to the detriment of something else more ephemeral (compare his solo on Letterman compared to Sheila E's - what she lacks in sophistication she makes up with fire).

I'm a drummer too, and that video of the three playing some uninspiring drum part was more than I care to listen of that sort of thing.
    It was new and interesting in 95, but now I just want songs.
    The set list I saw for last nights show has enough to make me want a cd or dvd...even though I think more of the Wetton songs like "Great Deciever, Easy Money" or stuff like that would have excited me more than "Red" or anything from the Belew era.
    I'm just glad they have mellotron back...he was always my favorite member of early Crimson

Here is a setlist posted on a site called setlist.fm:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/king-c...-53cf9fb9.html

Very exciting if correct.

Quote Originally Posted by yorgunson View Post

That doesn't completely correspond with other reports of the night.

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yorgunson View Post

They played Pictures of a City in 1984?

That setlist is correct, the accompanying notes regarding last played is not.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    That setlist is correct, the accompanying notes regarding last played is not.
    The opening night set was reported here as... "Level 5", "One More Red Nightmare", "A Scarcity of Miracles", "Larks' Tongues in Aspic, Part One", "Pictures of a City", "The ConstruKction of Light", "Red", "Sailor's Tale", "VROOOM/Coda: Marine 475" (THRAK), "Hell's Bells" (a new percussion piece), "The Light of Day", "Talking Drum/Larks' Tongues in Aspic, Part Two", "Starless"; encore: "Hoodoo", "21st Century Schizoid Man"

The selist.fm page says... "Larks' Tongues in Aspic, Part One", "Pictures of a City", "A Scarcity of Miracles", "The ConstruKction of Light", "One More Red Nightmare", "Hell-Hounds of Krim", "Red", "The Letters", "VROOOM", "Coda: Marine 475", "Hell Bells", "Sailor's Tale", "The Light of Day", "The Talking Drum", "Larks' Tongues in Aspic, Part Two", "Starless"; encore: "HooDoo", "21st Century Schizoid Man"

So, slight different order and content, or have I got confused with a later night?

Henry

Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post
    The opening night set was reported here as... "Level 5", "One More Red Nightmare", "A Scarcity of Miracles", "Larks' Tongues in Aspic, Part One", "Pictures of a City", "The ConstruKction of Light", "Red", "Sailor's Tale", "VROOOM/Coda: Marine 475" (THRAK), "Hell's Bells" (a new percussion piece), "The Light of Day", "Talking Drum/Larks' Tongues in Aspic, Part Two", "Starless"; encore: "Hoodoo", "21st Century Schizoid Man"

The selist.fm page says... "Larks' Tongues in Aspic, Part One", "Pictures of a City", "A Scarcity of Miracles", "The ConstruKction of Light", "One More Red Nightmare", "Hell-Hounds of Krim", "Red", "The Letters", "VROOOM", "Coda: Marine 475", "Hell Bells", "Sailor's Tale", "The Light of Day", "The Talking Drum", "Larks' Tongues in Aspic, Part Two", "Starless"; encore: "HooDoo", "21st Century Schizoid Man"

So, slight different order and content, or have I got confused with a later night?

Henry
    Sept 9 opened with LTIA1, Sept 10 w/ Level 5. First hand account.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post

Henry
    I think your first setlist was the one at the dress rehearsal - the setlist they have for Sept 9 is correct for that date.

Dress rehearsal, Sept 8 (family) was the same as Sept 9 with the exception that Level 5 was played and Vrooom was not.

Thanks all. I think I confused the 10 Sep show with the 9 Sep show.

Henry

I attended the Philly show on Saturday, after having attended the dress rehearsal on the previous Monday in Albany. I was looking forward to seeing the show with a full audience, and was not disappointed. The addition of a paying crowd added a level of intensity to the show, not that it was lacking at the DR, but that this added to.

Setlist was the same as the DR, except no TCOL, and Vrooom in its place. I *loved* Vrooom with the addition of Collins' sax, making it almost funky... Good times! I did miss the TCOL intro, as I love that piece also.

The setlist order is still being played with, the first half of the set especially has some moving parts that are unfixed. I loved the one-two punch at the intro of LTIA I, and Level 5.

My only change I'd recommend is that maybe one more vocal tune in the mix might just put a bit more of 'something' into the mix. I'd love to hear Easy Money by this lineup, but I'll take what I can get.

Two more shows on my KC adventure for this year, the first and last NYC gigs.

Good times!
    Mike

chalkpie
    Any NYC dudes - a bunch of us (basically all of Frogg Cafe minus Nick the Prick and some other pals) are meeting at the Beer Authority on W.40th and 8th at around 5 PM. Look for the ugly mugs. Cardiacs shirt in tow probably. Caution - we were able to have Sir Roger Dean in the fetal position in the corner of the merch room at Nearfest in about 45 minutes without half trying. True story. Although he does seem like a lightweight. Looking forward to this GIG!

setlist for Best Buy 9/18/14?

Hello,

Can anyone please help me complete the setlist for the first night at Best Buy in NYC (Sept 18, 2014)? I am surprised nobody posted a more accurate version, but sadly I did not make a better attempt to capture the setlist order.

This is what I have so far: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/king-c...-1bcfc9d0.html

Larks' Tongues in Aspic, Part One
    Pictures of a City
    The Letters
    Sailor's Tale
    Red
    One More Red Nightmare
    VROOOM
    The Talking Drum
    Larks' Tongues in Aspic, Part Two
    Starless

Encore:
    (either "Hoodoo" or Hell-Hounds of Krim")
    21st Century Schizoid Man

I know the following songs were almost certainly played, but I am unsure of the order/placement:

A Scarcity of Miracles
    The ConstruKction of Light
    The Light of Day
    Hell Bells
    Level Five

Any help will be greatly appreciated. This was my first KC show, and I would love to have an accurate setlist.

Thanks in advance
    Jose

Larks' Tongues in Aspic, Part One
    Pictures of a City
    A Scarcity of Miracles
    Level 5
    ConstruKction Of Light
    The Letters
    Hell Bells
    Sailor's Tale
    Red
    One More Red Nightmare
    VROOOM (no coda)
    The Talking Drum
    Larks' Tongues in Aspic, Part Two
    Starless
    Hell Hounds Of Krim
    21st

Light of Day and Hoodoo were NOT played Thursday night.

Just got back from the final NYC show. I really enjoyed it, though I have to admit I'm a tiny bit disappointed they dropped Pictures of a City...it was the tunes from '70-'71 (forever the band's most unheralded & unrepresented era, notwithstanding the fact that they skip the '80s completely on this current tour) that had me the most excited. Still, a minor complaint, as it was a stellar set performed with great freshness and intensity.