Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's the holdup with the Lark's Tongues 40th. edition?

What's the holdup with the Lark's Tongues 40th. edition?

My 2-disc version from amazon has been pushed back and pushed back for ages now. It also hasn't shown up on any of the usual prog vendor sites. Is it just me, or is this one taking forever? I know the fifteen(!)-disc version came out on time (or roughly so), but where is this one?!
    Two boys have been found rubbing linseed oil into the school cormorant.

I understand it's a manufacturing issue. The packages were made & pressed on time from the place that did it in the UK, but not the US.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    I saw the two-disc set at Newbury Comics last Tuesday. It's out there.

That's kind of weird... I received my copy (along with Elephant9's latest) from Amazon.UK almost one month ago (see the thread I opened about it)
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from heroin-addicts to crazy ones

I think there were manufacturing and distribution delays that impacted the amount of inventory that was initially available. So, some people got theirs ... others did not. I ordered my 2-disc set from DGM, and only this past weekend did I finally get an email saying it had been dispatched/shipped. Saw many places that were saying first ship was late-Nov/early-Dec, so clearly something went amiss.

Banned
    I received my copy around 1973 or 74!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 80s were ok View Post
    I received my copy around 1973 or 74!!!
    Of the 40th. anniversary edition? Wow!

I'm ok with a delay because I can't decide whether to get the 2-disc or spend a fortune for the 15 disc "Mothership" ed.

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    My 2-disc version from amazon has been pushed back and pushed back for ages now. It also hasn't shown up on any of the usual prog vendor sites. Is it just me, or is this one taking forever? I know the fifteen(!)-disc version came out on time (or roughly so), but where is this one?!
    It is not you. According to an email from Burning Shed, the release of LTIA 40th Anniversary was originally scheduled to be on the 15th of October.

I am not sure if you ordered from the US or Canadian based Amazon site, but if the one that you ordered from gets their sets from the US based DGM, you were pretty much out of luck since they were having issues with the manufacturing of the sets on this side of the pond.

Yesterday I finally received an email from DGM stating my CD/DVD-A set has been shipped, so I guess that DGM finally got everything squared away.

FWIW, I have exchanged a few emails with DGM since the sets started to come out from Burning Shed and other outfits in Europe and the following are excerpts from their responses:

24 October 2012

This DVD/CD-A is being manufactured and the process has taken longer than anticipated. It is our hope to get them next week and we will immediately ship when they arrive.

26 October 2012

These are manufactured separately in each territory. We received the parts later in the US and these sets typically take much longer to manufacture here than in Europe. We will be shipping them end of next week.

28 November 2012

The DVD Audio discs ended up having to be manufactured in Europe. We have all components here and the discs are awaiting clearance at customs. As soon as they clear, we are assembling the sets and shipping them straight out.

Banned
    Maybe the problem with the 40th anniversary edition of Larks is the copies are defective cause someone has jumped the gun and released the 40th anniversary edition of this album a year early.

Quote Originally Posted by JIF View Post
    Maybe the problem with the 40th anniversary edition of Larks is the copies are defective cause someone has jumped the gun and released the 40th anniversary edition of this album a year early.
    These 40th anniv series are based on ITOTCK's release date... which 40th anniv version was released in 2009
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from heroin-addicts to crazy ones

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    These 40th anniv series are based on ITOTCK's release date... which 40th anniv version was released in 2009
    True, but the 40th anniversary of Larks isn't until next year. Sorry, was trying to make a lame joke.

Thanks for that, enpdllp. I shall remain patient! :P

Mine finally showed up on the doorstep today (ordered from DGM).

Banned
    They should've put out a 22nd anniversary edition. They really missed the boat on that one in '96.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Just got a shipping notice from DGM yesterday.
    Ian

I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I see Ken at Lasers Edge finally got this in stock, the same day I got yet another e-mail from amazon announcing yet another delay. One order placed, another canceled.

I saw the two CD version at Amoeba yesterday...but still waiting for the CD/DVD release to hit brick-and-mortar stores here....

Quote Originally Posted by ca1ore View Post
    Mine finally showed up on the doorstep today (ordered from DGM).
    Mine finally showed up from DGM.com on Thurs. 12/6/2012. It took awhile but it's worth the wait. LTIA sounds great in 5.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Jester View Post
    Mine finally showed up from DGM.com on Thurs. 12/6/2012. It took awhile but it's worth the wait. LTIA sounds great in 5.1.
    i got my shipping notice from DGM Sunday (which is odd since no one ships on sunday) and, of course, still no sign of it. My only guess is that they've become so focused on pushing the exceedingly annoying Vicar stuff that they've forgotten about LTIA completely.

Quote Originally Posted by tormato View Post
    the exceedingly annoying Vicar stuff
    So it's not just me, then. That stuff is up there with anything Fripp writes that contains a bunch of indented text with lower-case Roman numerals in it. PgDn PgDn PgDn PgDn ...

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Jester View Post
    Mine finally showed up from DGM.com on Thurs. 12/6/2012.
    Are you on the West coast?

Quote Originally Posted by tormato View Post
    i got my shipping notice from DGM Sunday (which is odd since no one ships on sunday) and, of course, still no sign of it.
    Same here.

[QUOTE=enpdllp;16571]Are you on the West coast?

Nope; I'm on the East coast. Can't tell you why you haven't received your copy as yet.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Got mine yesterday
    Ian

I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I still haven't made up my mind on the 15 disc Mothership ed. or the cd/dvd-a. I have read next to nothing about it.