Well, after having read page after page of reviews, critiques, and impressions of the new Yes song, "Believe Again," I am somewhat pleasantly amazed at the depth of musical knowledge and attention to detail present among the average PE readership...So, I figured why not ask for the same kind of analysis of the opening track from the brand new Farpoint album, PAINT THE DARK...So I'm posting a link to our Soundcloud page, and asking for honest responses. I realize we won't get the same volume of replies as the YES song did, but any feedback would be appreciated. But let me preface by saying that this opening track, "Up to You," is not the most daring, or most "prog" track on the album, but maybe not the least either...We have diverse influences, and we do try to make sure that every album we release covers a wide range of musical colors and textures...having said that, we have generally been categorized by reviewers somewhere in between symph and prog-folk, so don't expect any RIO, Zeuhl, or fusion ...but this is the opening track from the album, and we think it's ok.
Alrighty then, here goes:

www.soundcloud.com/farpoint