Thread: Peter Gabriel Live at Verona on AXES TV Now

Banned

Peter Gabriel Live at Verona on AXES TV Now

Different times.

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    Different times.
    Followed by ELP's 2012 concert in London.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Banned
    These symphonic arrangements and the visuals are awesome

Recorded last night.

Banned
    If you want to read about this show:

http://www.genesis-news.com/c-Peter-...port-s424.html

Meh, the whole experience has been ruined. I turned it on and got Phil Collins.

Wasn't Phil the pool boy. That was the contract so i thought. There was a histrory of Phil hanging about while Peter did some rounds IIRC IIRC. of if IIRC.

I guess that I am cucumber. Still love Pete and Phil.
    support live music

Google is your fiend.

Thanks for the head's up. It will record on Wed.

I'm not a PG fan but I did record this and tried to watch it. Got bored after a few songs. Switched to the ELP show, which I wouldn't have known was on if not for this thread, and that's been a blast. So thanks, even if that wasn't the intended result.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    I'm not a PG fan but I did record this and tried to watch it. Got bored after a few songs. Switched to the ELP show, which I wouldn't have known was on if not for this thread, and that's been a blast. So thanks, even if that wasn't the intended result.
    Would have mentioned the ELP and the Jon Anderson shows but the ELP was good musically but the vocals were disappointing and I thought most people into JA knew about this one.

Missed the PG show but saw ELP And PC. I thought ELP was better than then expected, I had no real complaints about Lake's voice. All these guys are older. Emerson struggled a bit at times but still the music was quite good. My complaint is why do 60 year old men try to pull off the stunts they did when the were 20. Emerson still knifing the keyboards?! Palmer removing his shirt? In great shape for his age and thank G*d it wasn't Lake, but it still was cringe worthy.

Was Gabriel's show much different than Live Blood?. I really enjoyed that but is Verona different enough to make it worth the time..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangram View Post
    Missed the PG show but saw ELP And PC. I thought ELP was better than then expected, I had no real complaints about Lake's voice. All these guys are older. Emerson struggled a bit at times but still the music was quite good. My complaint is why do 60 year old men try to pull off the stunts they did when the were 20. Emerson still knifing the keyboards?! Palmer removing his shirt? In great shape for his age and thank G*d it wasn't Lake, but it still was cringe worthy.

Was Gabriel's show much different than Live Blood?. I really enjoyed that but is Verona different enough to make it worth the time..
    I have the bluray of Live Blood, but haven't taken the time to watch it all. For some reason this was more engaging though. I do have a tough time siting thru these. My biggest disappointment is that he didn't use the orchestra to revisit the original design of Here Comes the Flood. The visuals are more interesting here, and it was free (sort of). PG's voice has held up quite well. He's smart enough to use technology to help his voice.

I'm watching some of this right now. Ane Brun's voice is horrible. Aside from that, the rest really good.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    I'm watching some of this right now. Ane Brun's voice is horrible. Aside from that, the rest really good.
    Did you hear Ane on Don't Give Up? She's no Kate Bush or Paula Cole, but on that song she did have an interesting vibrato. She is a pretty highly rated Norwegian singer songwriter and that shows in her accent heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    Did you hear Ane on Don't Give Up? She's no Kate Bush or Paula Cole, but on that song she did have an interesting vibrato. She is a pretty highly rated Norwegian singer songwriter and that shows in her accent heard.
    That's precisely what prompted my post.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Melanie is awesome.