Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheeto's Magazine - Boiling Fowls

Progstreaming-webmaster Sunhillow's Avatar

Cheeto's Magazine - Boiling Fowls

Once in awhile I discover something through Progstreaming that's really worth all the attention it can get.

But the fact that some of the members of this boards suspects me of spamming or trying to raise attention for the site itself, prevents me from addressing this.

To hell with them.

Cheeto's Magazine - Boiling Fowls

It's like Spock's Beard on steroids. It's like Beardfish gone Speedy Gonzales. It's like Moon Safari in leather pants.
    It's is a free download on their Bandcamp (http://cheetosmagazine.bandcamp.com/)

So, see those teddy bears running for their lives!

Here's the stream: http://www.progstreaming.com/_wb/pages/play-album.php?activeAlbum=00759%20-%20Cheeto`s%20Magazine%20-%20Boiling%20Fowls

This album has been receiving much airplay on Aural Moon radio, mostly by request. I'd pay the usual price for this album and can't believe it was free...it's that good!
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Old man of prog
    Just got this on band camp and like it a lot.

Bought it some days ago from the bandcamp site. Great discovery, great album. Sunhillow's completely right: it really is like Spock's Beard on speed.

Highly recommended! These guys deserve some support!

Quote Originally Posted by Relayer56 View Post
    Bought it some days ago from the bandcamp site. Great discovery, great album. Sunhillow's completely right: it really is like Spock's Beard on speed.

Highly recommended! These guys deserve some support!
    Great, more fans! Well, spread the word. And it's a name-your-price download, so grab it for free, don't ever feel guilty about that.

In what sense do they sound like "Spock's Beard on speed" exactly? This description made me really curious.

Just a few moments into the opening track on their bandcamp site right now, but it sounds very promising!

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    In what sense do they sound like "Spock's Beard on speed" exactly? This description made me really curious.
    Take a listen, and you'll learn ;-)

Champion of Nothing Nicky Cupcakes's Avatar
    Happened upon them by browsing the lists of some of the people who I follow on Bandcamp. I found it impossible to scroll past a band named Cheeto's Magazine without clicking the link.

Very pleasant surprise, enjoying this a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Relayer56 View Post
    Take a listen, and you'll learn ;-)
    Good point.

Well, I bought the album on the strength of just a few tracks. Really quite an impressive debut! It kind of reminds me of what Beardfish used to be like back in their zanier days. lol

There's a piece of them in the latest PROG (page 22), so they're getting more and more recognition.

They decribe the band as, and I quote: 'Spock's meet Sparks'. A spot on comparison if you ask me.

I LOVE this album. I just hope they have enough (insert your favorite term here) left for a second album.

Quote Originally Posted by yodathedog View Post
    I LOVE this album. I just hope they have enough (insert your favorite term here) left for a second album.
    Hope so too. They could turn into a Beardfish easily, though. Hope InsideOut won't pick them up too early.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I had a listen to this on Progstreaming recently, then got the free download. Had a listen to some of it on headphones this morning, and it's really good!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunhillow View Post
    To hell with them.
    The feeling is MORE than mutual.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I had a listen to this on Progstreaming recently, then got the free download. Had a listen to some of it on headphones this morning, and it's really good!
    I'm glad. You'll like the CD, once you've decided to purchase. The booklet has these funny cartoons like on their Bandcamp. It's a jewel-case by the way. Don't know about the shipping, but maybe Greg, Kinesis, TLE and/or Wayside ordered a bunch. Speaking about one of them...

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    The feeling is MORE than mutual.
    Haha, Steve. Good one. I'm sorry about that remarks. That punch was well-deserved.

Stupid question;how do you dl , I only see links to buy.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    After you click Buy you enter a price, so just enter 0.

Just listened to their new album, Amazingous, and it is. The Spock's Beard/Moon Safari comparison is still alive. Maybe a hint of the Zappaesque in some of the humor. However, if you like this kind of melodic rock music that stretches out instrumentally (even if it breaks no new ground), this is a terrific record. Comfort Prog, but who gives a f*ck. I like it. Period.
    Mongrel dog soils actor's feet

éí 'aaníígÓÓ 'áhoot'é Don Arnold's Avatar
    ^^ Absolutely comfort Prog...and absolutely Amazingous! Loved it.

An Amazingous band. I agree 1,000,000% with the other posts here. Just fun music as well. I get the feeling, when listening to this, that they had a blast recording this. I do wish they would make it to the States for a live show. Are you listening ProgStock, Progtoberfest, ProgDay, RoSFest, Terra incognita? Give this band a listen. You will thank us later.

Yeah I like these guys, and the new record is quite enjoyable. I pre-ordered the colored vinyl edition through their Bandcamp page, and the CD as well.

Boiling Fowls was one of the most pleasant surprises of 2014 for me.

Fun band. I love comfort Prog.
    The Prog Corner

I've just started listening to this band and I'm especially enjoying Amazingous.

So far, they remind me a lot of Troldhaugen. Same kind of random music with off-the-wall humor.

Quote Originally Posted by miamiscot View Post
    Fun band. I love comfort Prog.
    It is basically comfort prog (which I also love), but somehow these guys manage to make it sound fresh and exciting too.

Just finished listening to the first two sides (the blue LP) of Amazingous on my turntable. Really great stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by doh View Post
    I've just started listening to this band and I'm especially enjoying Amazingous.

So far, they remind me a lot of Troldhaugen. Same kind of random music with off-the-wall humor.

Yeah okay, this is fun.

I've got them bookmarked on Bandcamp now. Thanks for the heads up.