Thread: Quasi Day Room roll call?

Quasi Day Room roll call?

Disc 2 of Hamster Theatre's The Public Execution of Mister Personality / Quasi Day Room: Live at the Moore Theatre

I was lucky enough to be one of about 30 people that got to witness this incredible performance, is there anyone else here that was there?
    Last edited by Paul Smeenus; 05-31-2014 at 11:28 PM.
    It's a spoonerism

Me
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

I was there.

Well by my estimation, that's close to 10% of the entire audience answering (or starting) this thread! The HT set was the only act I saw on The Progman Cometh bill, my brother and I were comped tickets (thanks Cindy!) but we had a committed family get together that evening so we were unable to attend, but we did get to see that performance that morning and I went utterly bananas posting about the show, one of the greatest live sets I'd ever seen.

And if DW happens to see this, yes I am fearthesmeenusimmons from alt.music.mike-keneally.
    It's a spoonerism

HT were my favorite band that weekend, but man, there were a lot of really good acts.

Bummer you didn't see anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe F. View Post
    HT were my favorite band that weekend, but man, there were a lot of really good acts.

Bummer you didn't see anyone else.
    Well like I was saying we had family matters, so I have no regrets about it, but maybe you could elaborate on who else was there & how you rank them?

And you didn't happen to be the gent with the PDA that could post to my a.m.m-k newsgroup (almost unthinkable in 2002), were you?
    It's a spoonerism

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Smeenus View Post
    Well like I was saying we had family matters, so I have no regrets about it, but maybe you could elaborate on who else was there & how you rank them?

And you didn't happen to be the gent with the PDA that could post to my a.m.m-k newsgroup (almost unthinkable in 2002), were you?
    It will be impossible for me to rank them now after 12 years and having taken no notes. I just remember having a shit-eating grin on my face the entire performance of HT. Being that I had already seen Thinking Plauge twice before I was particularly excited to see Dave and Mike in another venture.

Other notable acts for me were (in no particular order):

Azigza
    Pip Pyle
    Soft Works (first and only time seeing Hopper & Dean)
    Stinkhorn
    Phil Miller

I was not the gent with the PDA.

Phil Miller / In Cahoots put on what I thought was a really unbelievably good set, taken from all aspects of their career. I think they were really thrilled to be in the USA and the performance reflected that excitement.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

P.S. To Joe.

If you were at the entire fest, you saw Hugh first play with Hughscore, and you also saw Elton play with In Cahoots...
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

Also, I remember the attendence inthat big theatre for HT being sparse-ish, but closer to 70. Being in the biz, I am a dedicated crowd-counter kinda guy...
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    P.S. To Joe.

If you were at the entire fest, you saw Hugh first play with Hughscore, and you also saw Elton play with In Cahoots...
    Yeah. I really meant that I never saw either again after this festival.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    Also, I remember the attendence inthat big theatre for HT being sparse-ish, but closer to 70. Being in the biz, I am a dedicated crowd-counter kinda guy...

Well I'll take your word for it, I was basing it on seeing 5 or 6 people in the first 5 or 6 rows, but I coulda easily under-estimated the body count
    It's a spoonerism

Which lead me to ask - When there will be a new album? tired of waiting, since 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Smeenus View Post
    Well I'll take your word for it, I was basing it on seeing 5 or 6 people in the first 5 or 6 rows, but I coulda easily under-estimated the body count
    REALLY? Thank you.

This being the internet, I figured you'd disagree while insulting me!

Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

Mebbe we could split the difference between 30 and 70 and settle on 50 people being at the HT show *fistbump*
    It's a spoonerism