Thread: "DECAMERON - part 2" out in July!

"DECAMERON - part 2" out in July!

Colossus and Musea proudly present their latest collaboration, "Decameron, Part Two". Thirty-four bands from 14 countries span 4 CDs.

Each band created a new composition, in a classic prog rock style, inspired by their chosen story from 14th-century Italian author Giovanni Bocaccio's Decameron. Songs range from pastoral (Yagull's beautiful acoustic guitar piece) to epic (Unitopia's 20+minutes masterpiece).

Highlights are too numerous to mention in a short press release; all musicians took on this challenge with aplomb, and the result is a stunning array of international talent and love for progressive rock.

"Decameron, Part Two" is sure to delight fans of 1970s-inspired prog, and will make a fantastic addition to anyone's collection. Includes a 80-page booklet by renowned artist Ed Unitsky.

Set-list:

CD1
    a01 ROBERT WEBB (UK)
    Intro

a02 NEXUS (Arg)
    Fourth tale (IV, 4)

a03 SERDIMONTANA (Rus)
    Fifth tale (IV, 5)

a04 JINETES NEGROS (Arg)
    Sixth tale (IV, 6)

a05 MOGON (USA)
    Seveth tale (IV, 7)

a06 WILLOWGLASS (UK)
    Eighth tale (IV, 8)

a07 INTARSIA (Ita)
    Ninth tale (IV, 9)

a08 OCEANIC LEGION (*)
    Tenth tale (IV,10)

CD2
    b01 THE SAMURAI OF PROG (*)
    First Tale (V, 1)

b02 STEVE UNRUH (USA)
    Second tale (V, 2)

b03 ARS EPHEMERA (Can)
    Third tale (V, 3)

b04 THE ROME PRO(G)JECT (Ita)
    Fourth tale (V, 4)

b05 ORCHESTRA D'OBLIO (Ita)
    Fifth tale (V, 5)

b06 KING OF AGOGIK (Ger)
    Sixth tale (V, 6)

b07 MARCHESI SCAMORZA (Ita)
    Seveth tale (V, 7)

b08 PLAYING THE HISTORY (Ita)
    Eighth tale (V, 8)

CD3
    c01 SENOGUL (Spa)
    Ninth tale (V, 9)

c02 CAMELIAS GARDEN (Ita)
    Tenth tale (V,10)

c03 RHYS MARSH (Nor)
    First Tale (VI, 1)

c04 NARROW PASS (Ita)
    Second tale (VI, 2)

c05 MAURO MULAS (Ita)
    Third tale (VI, 3)

c06 LA BOCCA DELLA VERITÁ (Ita)
    Fourth tale (VI, 4)

c07 FAVERAVOLA (Ita)
    Fifth tale (VI, 5)

c08 TRION (Hol)
    Sixth tale (VI, 6)

c09 LA THÉORIE DES CORDES (Fra)
    Seveth tale (VI, 7)

c10 JAIME ROSAS & RODRIGO GODOY (Chi)
    Eighth tale (VI, 8)

CD4
    d01 UNITOPIA (Aus)
    Ninth tale (VI, 9)

d02 PICCOLO ZOO (Ita)
    Tenth tale (VI,10)

d03 KARDA ESTRA (UK)
    First Tale (VII, 1)

d04 YAGULL (USA)
    Second tale (VII, 2)

d05 DACCORD (Nor)
    Third tale (VII, 3)

d06 OZONE PLAYER (Fin)
    Fourth tale (VII, 4)

d07 THE REBEL WHEEL (Can)
    Fifth tale (VII, 5)

d08 TOMMY ERIKSSON & THE HEARTWALL BAND (Fin)
    Sixth tale (VII, 6)

d09 ROBERT WEBB (UK)
    Outro

*Multi Nationality

Just got a batch of Decameron part 2... I can sell few at a special price (contact me by PM)

Ordered! I love these sets. The first Decameron is brilliant, really looking forward to the second!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

This really looks great, Marco. Looking forward to it!

This arrived today, and is every bit as gorgeous as all the other wonderful Colossus/Musea sets. Four more discs of excellent symphonic prog, and another beautiful booklet await! I shall enjoy these over the course of the summer. I can't recommend these giant sets enough to any fans here of symph.

Thanks to Marco for the e-mail! Extremely fast shipping.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Bumping this because these sets really deserve more attention than they get here on PE, IMO.... I know there are plenty of fans of Phideaux, Willowglass, The Rebel Wheel, Unitopia, etc., and the magnificent Steve Unruh who is all over the place here, with Oceanic Legion, The Samurai Of Prog, playing on his own and with Willowglass. Also the excellent Rome Pro(g)ject makes an appearance here.

Just received part two today. Can't wait to hear.

Too bad these aren't done in LP sets. That would be quite costly, I suppose, production and consumption-wise. But it would be sweet . . . . . . . . . .
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin