Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: King's X summer tour

They kick so much ass live! I've seen them about 8 or 9 times and they never take a night off.

Everytime I've seen them open for someone (from Billy Squier to Porcupine Tree), they blow the headliner away.

Quote Originally Posted by julioscissors View Post
    Everytime I've seen them open for someone (from Billy Squier to Porcupine Tree), they blow the headliner away.
    I once saw them do a split bill with Fishbone. Kind of a weird night because the Bone had their crowd and KX had their fans - there wasn't much overlap between the 2.

Fishbone went on first and completely kicked asses, I mean a ton of them. Always a fantastic live show.
    I'd hate to be in the unfortunate position to follow Fishbone but KX came out guns a blazin' - I think that was one of the only time in my life I could feel the legs of my trousers actually flapping from the intensity.
    I guess anyone who has to share a bill with either of those bands has their work cut out for them.

One of those bands I'm only interested in live. Very compelling to watch and the 3-piece instrumental AND vocal dynamics are terrific. The recorded output doesn't do much for me. I'm a big fan of Ty's singing and playing in other projects and I prefer the KX songs in which he has a major part.
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Yanks2014 View Post
    Favorite album lists always seem to show Gretchen as the top pick, but for me this album is their 3rd best, behind Faith Hope Love (a near perfect album to my ears)
    Totally agree on Faith Hope Love. I remember seeing the video for "It's Love," and within a few days I had the CD in my hands. Terrific album. I remember playing it to death in my car on my commute to and from my first real job out of college. Good memories with that one. "We Were Born to Be Loved" still floors me every time.

I don't think I've heard anything they've done since Manic Moonlight, but they're definitely a band to check out.

Quote Originally Posted by progholio View Post
    I once saw them do a split bill with Fishbone. Kind of a weird night because the Bone had their crowd and KX had their fans - there wasn't much overlap between the 2.

Fishbone went on first and completely kicked asses, I mean a ton of them. Always a fantastic live show.
    I'd hate to be in the unfortunate position to follow Fishbone but KX came out guns a blazin' - I think that was one of the only time in my life I could feel the legs of my trousers actually flapping from the intensity.
    I guess anyone who has to share a bill with either of those bands has their work cut out for them.
    The first time I saw Kings X, it was a triple bill. King X were the opening act, Blue Murder were in the middle and Billy Squire was the headliner. It was actually a killer night of music and all 3 of them kicked ass, but were totally different from each other.

Quote Originally Posted by progholio View Post
    I once saw them do a split bill with Fishbone.
    That must have been a knock down, drag out heavyweight battle! Would've loved to have been there to watch two greats go toe-to-toe.
    Last edited by julioscissors; 06-01-2014 at 12:34 AM. Reason: Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
    I don't think I've heard anything they've done since Manic Moonlight, but they're definitely a band to check out.
    The 2 latest ones-post Manic Moonlight-are returns to form for sure. OGRE TONES and V are their names. I can't tell them apart. Both pretty solid all the way through but sadly they are in no hurry to make any more albums. Gerry said it in a recent interview.

Quote Originally Posted by julioscissors View Post
    That must have been a knock down, drag out heavyweight battle! Would've loved to have been there to watch two greats go toe-to-toe.
    You ain't lying'