Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steve Perry on stage with... Eels

Quote Originally Posted by Mikhael View Post
    Arnel's pretty good, and has close to the range that Perry can't touch anymore. But Perry had the ability to hit notes smoothly, effortlessly, right on pitch, that very few will ever have. That includes Arnel, as good as he is.
    That's fine, but the point is that he can't do it anymore. Given that, I have no interest in any kind of reunion.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    That's fine, but the point is that he can't do it anymore. Given that, I have no interest in any kind of reunion.
    No, he can't. He couldn't when he retired a while back. No, no interest in that reunion. Jon back with Yes maybe, but even he can't sing like used to. That Young Person's Orchestra thing I caught on the telly proved that Jon's not in his prime any longer.

Heck, *I* can't hit the notes I used to, either. The Rush song "Losing It" pretty much covers it. I can rip on a guitar or drumkit as good as I ever did, but my voice? It shows my age, as does theirs. Sad, the things that get taken away as you age.
    Gnish-gnosh borble wiff, shlauuffin oople tirk.

a bit rusty but those pipes are still powerful....... he's still got it.
    btw... who the hell are The Eels?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    He did a Sam Cooke cover
    Nice to hear. I always figured that Sam Cooke was a huge influence on him and this shows it.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"