Thread: Rare David Gilmour Live Appearance this past week in London

Rare David Gilmour Live Appearance this past week in London

For those who didn't (or did) know (or care) David performed on Ben Watt's (Everything But The Girl) recent solo album; the other night in London, he joined Ben on stage. Enjoy:

Love his tasty blues licks. Go Dave, go!!
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

He's the best thing in the video.

He sounds in good form, maybe there's hope for another solo soon?

Quote Originally Posted by gpeccary View Post
    He sounds in good form, maybe there's hope for another solo soon?
    According to PROG magazine there is apparently an album in the works for quite some time already due to be released later this year.

Am I the only one going "wow...ben watt put out a new solo album"? His "Summer Into Winter" ep with Robert Wyatt, from 1982 was excellent, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    He's the best thing in the video.
    Yup. Where's Tracey Thorne when you need her?
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Gilmour's new album may not be a solo album....

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXymphonia View Post
    According to PROG magazine there is apparently an album in the works for quite some time already due to be released later this year.
    That would make my year! Hope there's truth in reporting

Again, this time with Bombay Bicycle Club.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Hey Obscured... I thought I saw these videos in a thread on PE a while back. The date on them is "May 2014." Is he still showing up for impromptu gigs?
    I've got a bike you can ride it if you like

^^ I just added the new one from a few nights ago.

Quote Originally Posted by kenschwartz View Post
    Am I the only one going "wow...ben watt put out a new solo album"? His "Summer Into Winter" ep with Robert Wyatt, from 1982 was excellent, imo.
    No, you're not. Been following Ben Watt since the first Everything But The Girl and his first solo-LP. It was wonderful he returned to recording new music again. Since Hendra (the album the OP revered to) he released two more CD's, Fever Dream (2016, featuring Bernard Butler and Martin Ditcham on most of the tracks) and recently Storm Damage.
    Here's one song of the new album, Irene:

Looks like the person that posted the vids on YT had Everything But Permission.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Looks like the person that posted the vids on YT had Everything But Permission.
    Funny, when I opened this old thread yesterday the vids were visible, so it looks like upgreading this thread woke up someone.