Thread: Live Video: 3RDegree "Apophenia" live at Terra Incognita Festival Québec City

Live Video: 3RDegree "Apophenia" live at Terra Incognita Festival Québec City

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    3RD Degree rock. Saw you guys at MarProg in Ct. some years ago. would love to have you play up here in NE again...

That was killer, Robert!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Very cool! Thanks, Robert!

Aaron's the bomb, and George Dobbs slays everyone who sees him sing in person. This band's ascension is long overdue.

Great translation to a live track! Awesome!!

Love the fact that you guys went multi-camera. We are so doing that next gig

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I was in the front row. Funny thing is I could only see a floating head behind the keyboards. I still thought, however, the band smoked!

Thanks Greg (mozo-prog)! Yes, I think we need to line up differently, maybe with someone in the back a bit behind someone else. I like guitars on the ends of the stage like wings but from the front row, it's hard to see a keyboardist behind his keyboards-that's for sure. danielbouchard.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by arabicadabra View Post
    Aaron's the bomb, and George Dobbs slays everyone who sees him sing in person. This band's ascension is long overdue.
    Chipping away Greg (arabicadabra), one album, one gig at a time. The snowball rolls down the hill. We can't like....stop right?

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    Love the fact that you guys went multi-camera. We are so doing that next gig
    Thanks Fred. It's one GoPro on every band member (5) as well as one "bigger" camera in the back row (manned by John Galgano!)-also recording the sound. Wish we were able to record out of the board but even then, in a venue that small, it was compromised because of stage volume. He was only putting volume through the speakers if the stage volume wasn't loud enough.

We will be recording again on July 11 in New Jersey so that we can take the best of both shows and have a bit of an incentive on our next CD-incentive to buy the CD instead of the download because of the included DVD or Blu-ray. District 97 did this. I have to ask them if they think it "worked" for them.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3RDegree_Robert View Post
    Thanks Greg (mozo-prog)! Yes, I think we need to line up differently, maybe with someone in the back a bit behind someone else. I like guitars on the ends of the stage like wings but from the front row, it's hard to see a keyboardist behind his keyboards-that's for sure. danielbouchard.jpg
    Your band was a real highlight for me.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Your band was a real highlight for me.
    So nice to hear that! We ended up seeing about 10% of the people in the venue afterwards at our table, which seemed like a small number. That's judging from the email list and sales. We hope some others check out our music having seen the show. We did the show purely to add to our fan base. No big payday, unlimited drugs or women were available in the dressing room sadly.

Good stuff Robert! Sounds like it was a good time even without the wild women or drugs.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Well, I know I was at you merch table immediately after your set at MarProg, where I happily picked up the Narrowcasting (iirc) album, which i continue to enjoy, so with the signing to 10T I was next able to order up the next studio disc (Great Divide? Long Divide? sucks to get old!) from my local brick & mortar store. I do try to support bands I see live that impress me, and your band impressed me mightily.

Quote Originally Posted by Prog_nosticator View Post
    Good stuff Robert! Sounds like it was a good time even without the wild women or drugs.
    Well, Rob specifically said, "No...unlimited drugs or women." They were cut off after a point, for their own good.

I do think 3RDegree won more fans than were represented by the turnout at the vendor table. I think people just didn't get through before Glass Hammer started their set, and failed to realize that they wouldn't have another chance on Sunday. Hopefully they are finding you again online.

Quote Originally Posted by rickawakeman View Post
    Well, I know I was at you merch table immediately after your set at MarProg, where I happily picked up the Narrowcasting (iirc) album, which i continue to enjoy, so with the signing to 10T I was next able to order up the next studio disc (Great Divide? Long Divide? sucks to get old!) from my local brick & mortar store. I do try to support bands I see live that impress me, and your band impressed me mightily.
    I do remember you Rick and it's mostly (up until now) CD Baby to thank for our brick & mortar distribution. 10T kicks in with our next studio album although they put out a remaster of our 1996 album HUMAN INTEREST STORY (2nd one) late last year which hit iTunes and the rest with one new song from "album #5" exclusive at 10T's website. Please note, our live shows have REALLY stepped up since Marprog. We found we really needed another guitarist live and we've all got more gigs under our belt so we're feeling more comfortable on stage every time-this from a band who LOVES recording/writing and live playing a bit less so. Not sure where you live but we played in CT (Trumbull) last year.

Quote Originally Posted by izz_brian View Post
    Well, Rob specifically said, "No...unlimited drugs or women." They were cut off after a point, for their own good.
    Well 3RDegree was like a mobile "man cave" while IZZ traveled like the Swiss Family Robinson!

Quote Originally Posted by izz_brian View Post
    I do think 3RDegree won more fans than were represented by the turnout at the vendor table. I think people just didn't get through before Glass Hammer started their set, and failed to realize that they wouldn't have another chance on Sunday. Hopefully they are finding you again online.
    That may be the case. It wasn't really set up like other festivals merch table-wise. Not a lot of room. I also thought that maybe there was bit of language barrier whereas they enjoyed the music but weren't strong English speakers and just stayed away. They did have a good laugh at our antics-that's for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by 3RDegree_Robert View Post
    Well 3RDegree was like a mobile "man cave" while IZZ traveled like the Swiss Family Robinson!
    Yeah, when your entourage still orders off the children's menu, it's hard to look badass.

Our rider calls for chicken nuggets and juice boxes.

Foiled again!....at getting the other Galgano to check out some 3RDegree!

Just wanted to drop into this thread the link to tickets for our first show in the US in a year and our first for a year in northeastern New Jersey with THANK YOU SCIENTIST at Mexicali Live Friday, July 11-2 weeks away! Get a free CD if you buy via PayPal from our front page.

1601080_10152533191762845_7770298552813001930_n.jpg

Terra Incognita may have been a very prestigious gig and I'm thrilled you guys got to do it - but here in the USA, male 3rDegree fans throw their bras onstage! How many bands can say THAT?