Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: echolyn News

echolyn News

The latest word on new material comes right from the man tickling the ivories:

"Our new record is due to drop in September, 2014; followed by several US & Canada tour dates in October/November. Can’t wait for you all to hear these latest musical creations – the next incarnation of our Island named echolyn+ we are “so ready” and eager to get back out on the road and bring the last several albums to you *LIVE* without a net. Bring it! – Chris Buzby"

can I just be the first to say HELL YES
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

Really looking forward to it. The last one was phenomenal. Hope to make it to NJ Proghouse. And hope Orion Studios is on the tour list.
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

Oh baby!!!! Now September will be forever away. Could not love this band more.

Wow! Who would have thought they would have a new record ready in 2 years' time when it took them 7 years to make the last one. I definitely wasn't expecting anything from them before a while.
    Not just a Genesis fanboy.

Wow! Great news.

Their last few albums have been phenomenal, and they seem to get better with each release.
    Last edited by aith01; 05-22-2014 at 01:20 PM.

!! really great news.

Me likey.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Wow, never really thought a new album would come out so soon. If it's as good as the last couple, I'll be a rather happy camper!

Hell yeah, GREAT news indeed! And concerts too??!! Nice!

Fantastic

I'm very happy to hear this. Especially conveyed with Mr. Buzby's characteristic enthusiasm. Is this guy ever in a bad mood?

Quote Originally Posted by LeFrog View Post
    Wow! Who would have thought they would have a new record ready in 2 years' time when it took them 7 years to make the last one. I definitely wasn't expecting anything from them before a while.
    It's not entirely surprising when you consider the unusual stylistic consistency of the Window Album. Most Echolyn albums have quite a lot more stylistic breadth - even Mei, which has only one extended song - and that suggests that such a tight focus isn't usual for them. And while there are several ways to achieve such a consistency, one way that might suit a stylistically diverse band is that you keep writing, and what comes out is what comes out, but you only put the songs that fit a particular style on that particular album. And the ones that don't fit, you leave off.

All of which suggests that they might have finished up the Window Album with a lot of unrecorded or unreleased material lying around, and be ready to finish up and release that fairly quickly.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Excellent news. I watched some of the DVD that comes with the As The World reissue, and the video of their first concert post ATW has achieved an almost holy status.

Quote Originally Posted by Baribrotzer View Post
    It's not entirely surprising when you consider the unusual stylistic consistency of the Window Album. Most Echolyn albums have quite a lot more stylistic breadth - even Mei, which has only one extended song - and that suggests that such a tight focus isn't usual for them. And while there are several ways to achieve such a consistency, one way that might suit a stylistically diverse band is that you keep writing, and what comes out is what comes out, but you only put the songs that fit a particular style on that particular album. And the ones that don't fit, you leave off.

All of which suggests that they might have finished up the Window Album with a lot of unrecorded or unreleased material lying around, and be ready to finish up and release that fairly quickly.
    Interesting analysis but I have to disagree. There were 5 leftover songs from the Window Pane sessions (indeed explaining that album's consistency) but these songs were released digitally in late 2012/early 2013. The band then announced that their vaults were empty so the next album was apparently written from scratch.
    Not just a Genesis fanboy.

Fan-fucking-tastic! And tour dates to boot. So ready!

neil

Definitely looking forward to this!
    <sig out of order>

On the chance that any of the guys from Echolyn read this forum ...

Seattle. Please please please.

Hell, I'll put you up and feed you if necessary.

Champion of Nothing Nicky Cupcakes's Avatar
    Woot!

Very good news. It would be great to see them again live. One of my personal favorite US bands of all time.

I may be wrong, but I think that the "several tour dates in Oct/Nov" statement isn't so much a pre-organized tour as people in different areas contacting the band to set up shows in their cities. So, if you want to see them in your neck of the woods, you might want to contact the band and/or their management to see if you can't make it happen. Somehow I don't see the band just "hitting the road" for a 2-month stretch.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

They should start the 'tour', at Progday!

neil

Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    They should start the 'tour', at Progday!

neil
    What he said.

Great news, loved the last one! Auto-buy!

I *hate* the term 'drop' though. "Our new album drops in September"... yuck.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

I'm more excited about them playing live. I haven't seen them live since NEARFest. I would love to see them do a show in DC. (And yes, ProgDay would also be wonderful.)