Thread: Sanguine Hum live at Rosfest 2012 limited run --preorders now being taken

Sanguine Hum live at Rosfest 2012 limited run --preorders now being taken

Hi guys

well for those of you who cant run to Floyd or Brain Salad Surgery box set heres a really nice CD/DVD package from our lovely Sanguine Hum boys--- due 30th June. Has been professionally authored and mixed etc and will help the band finance the recording for their new album ( Now we Have Light) due in the Autumn 2014.

LIVE IN AMERICA

• A NEW CD & DVD SET LIVE ALBUM FROM NEW PROGRESSIVE / POST ROCK BAND SANGUINE HUM
    • STRICLY LIMITED EDITION TO 1000 NUMBERED COPIES
    • DVD NTSC / REGION FREE (WILL PLAY ANYWHERE)

This strictly limited numbered edition CD/DVD package sees UK band Sanguine Hum take their exciting blend of post-rock, prog and fusion to the United States for the very first time. Recorded before a receptive audience at Rosfest in Gettysburg, PA in May 2012, this show features all of the unique traits of the band’s music that led to them being featured in Stuart Maconie’s Freakzone “Best of 2013” on BBC 6 Music: adventurous instrumental pieces blending influences as diverse as Tortoise, Zappa and Boards of Canada with intricate yet timeless songwriting featuring the distinctive vocals of singer/guitarist Joff Winks that recall Rush as much as they do Radiohead. With founding members Matt Baber on keyboards and Brad Waissman on bass, plus new recruit Andrew Booker (No Man, Henry Fool) playing only his second ever show with the band, this set captures Sanguine Hum at a crucial point in their development just months before recording the critically well received album the Weight of the World. As well as the 12 song set in both audio and video, the package also includes a 40 min audio interview with the band recorded the day after the performance alongside a photo gallery and a candid peak at the band rehearsing in the hotel room!
    The DVD in this package is NTSC / Region Free and will play in any country.

INITIALLY ONLY AVAILABLE VIA BURNING SHED,(UK) WAYSIDE (USA) AND DIRECT FROM BAND.

TO ORDER DIRECTLY PLEASE SEND
    £11.50 (INCLUDES POST AND PACK) (UK and Europe)
    £12.75 (Includes POST AND PACK) (Rest of World )

Paypal payments only to esotericarts@btconnect.com. If you need to pay by CHQ and are in the UK--pop me an email.

Please make sure your correct shipping address shows on any paypal payment or email me if you need a link to pay at esotericarts@btconnect.com

Many thanks on behalf of the band.
    Last edited by Esoteric; 05-20-2014 at 05:13 PM. Reason: text

ooooooooo!
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Got it today.
    Nice video, great sound.
    Wish that I had been there.

Miss out on this one at your risk. It is a terrific release.

I've been enjoying this a lot this week. The visual dimension of the DVD made me realise what a fine guitarist Joff Winks is. Also enjoying those jazzy keyboard chords and a nicely grooving rhythm section. Great stuff :-)

Glad you are enjoying it guys, I do have copies to sell direct and have also supplied both burning shed and wayside in the USA, anyone wanting one direct please pm me

Hi Vicky,
    Can you add this to my existing order pleases?
    Thanks!
    John

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric View Post
    • STRICLY LIMITED EDITION TO 1000 NUMBERED COPIES
    Now that I'm officially all into Sanguine Hum, I had to get a copy of this. At first (a week ago or so) I was pretty worried because they seemed to all be gone. I didn't read this post carefully enough to see notice that Wayside was initially the sole US distributor, but I did check Wayside out and they still had copies. So I'm now watching copy #0708. It's great! They're such a cool band (I also ordered "Now We Have Light," "Now We Have Power," and "What We Ask Is Where We Begin" from Wayside). And I live releases like this one: a single CD and a single DVD - not a mammoth 5CD/2BD set with trinkets. Just a suitable audio/video package at a reasonable price, to give you a good concert experience. In this case it's great to see what the Rosfest audience experienced.

I'm curious to hear what anyone who was there has to say about how they remember the show, and how receptive (or not?) the audience was to the band.

Have they played other shows in the US? I hope they come back here when COVID-19 is "over."

Quote Originally Posted by markwoll View Post
    Got it today.
    Nice video, great sound.
    Wish that I had been there.
    Mike Potter did an excellent job on the sound, as usual. A nice, fat bass and full drum sound, just like you'd want for a somewhat mellow, sort of jazzy, four-piece band.
    Last edited by JKL2000; 01-18-2021 at 06:26 PM.

Unfortunately I didn't get into Sanguine Hum until Now We Have Light came out, so I can't comment on the Rosfest show. Really wish I could have seen them though. Great band for sure.

Now We Have Light is probably my favorite one overall, but each of their studio discs are worth owning. What We Ask Is Where We Begin is fantastic as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Have they played other shows in the US? I hope they come back here when COVID-19 is "over."
    Just this one, great, and well documented show.

Glad to hear that you are‘officially’ into them.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

They seem to have a decent product buying fanbase but this doesn't seem to result in a concert fanbase that allows them to tour. A few years back they scheduled a number of UK gigs in smallish venues and I was stoked I would finally get to see them live. All the dates were cancelled, no reason given but I suspect it was low ticket sales.

I did get to see Joff and Matt do a small festival in 2018 (I think) where a number of stripped down Hum songs were played.

Quote Originally Posted by Progtastic View Post
    They seem to have a decent product buying fanbase but this doesn't seem to result in a concert fanbase that allows them to tour. A few years back they scheduled a number of UK gigs in smallish venues and I was stoked I would finally get to see them live. All the dates were cancelled, no reason given but I suspect it was low ticket sales.
    This kind of surprises me, because from my viewpoint, it always seems like the UK (well, the London area at least) has a pretty healthy market for prog shows. At least there are a few venues that consistently feature prog bands. I don't think NYC has anything like that. The Bottom Line and BB King's used to sort of have that, but both venues are now gone. The UK seems to have a lot more festivals that are open to prog bands as well.

I know we've all discussed these issues over and over. I'm sorry to hear they have a hard time getting gigs. I guess they're music isn't really conducive to releasing endless like concert recordings and merchandise like Marillion does. I suppose few bands really do. Also, I HAVE heard that some of those prog shows at the venues that have them a lot, do sometimes have sparse attendance.

As Steve F. is always saying (when pressed!), the main problem is that there's a limited number of prog fans willing to go to shows and buy merch.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post

I'm curious to hear what anyone who was there has to say about how they remember the show, and how receptive (or not?) the audience was to the band.

I believe that they were pretty much all over until the first Covid lockdown, and then they dusted off some old ideas and decided to record them, and excellent they are too. Hopefully that will inspire further music, because they are one of the very best around. However it is difficult to find a live audience for subtle music of this quality, I did see them once at a U.K. festival (Summers or Winters End, can’t remember which one), it was a shortish special guests set, and I’m very pleased I did. I remember Matt played a Fender Rhodes which was a refreshing change and a legacy memory inducing sound in these days of modern keyboards and uniformity of sound.