Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Kevin Gilbert News: 2014

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    This weekend I re-watched the DVD and I have a question about the song Waiting.

In the original version from Thud Kevin sings:
    "I'm waiting for the show to start, the one paid to see"

Live he sings:
    "Im waiting fot the show to start for the third matinee
    Gonna have to say"

Was this a kind of jeer toward Patrick Leonard, who started Third Matinee without Kevin after their Toy Matinee-album?
    Most definitely.

By the way, there was a lot of exciting news this week regarding the final releases for Kevin Gilbert. www.KevinGilbert.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Most definitely.

By the way, there was a lot of exciting news this week regarding the final releases for Kevin Gilbert. www.KevinGilbert.com

that is a lot of exciting news!

Saw that, and immediately ordered the digipak of TSotT, since all I had was a gifted naked cd without any info. I'll then gift the naked cd to another unsuspecting soul who will then hopefully become as much an admirer as I.

And very excited for the 3-disc Giraffe release!
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

Quote Originally Posted by proggy_jazzer View Post
    And very excited for the 3-disc Giraffe release!

This weekend I re-watched the DVD and I have a question about the song Waiting.

In the original version from Thud Kevin sings:
    "I'm waiting for the show to start, the one paid to see"

Live he sings:
    "Im waiting fot the show to start for the third matinee
    Gonna have to say"

Was this a kind of jeer toward Patrick Leonard, who started Third Matinee without Kevin after their Toy Matinee-album?

Most definitely.
    Thanks. Still, I wonder if he thought it was a good album, objectively seen. Personally I knew Third Matinee sooner than Toy Matinee. I was inspired by the great Mark Ryden-cover and the musicians involved. At that moment I thought "third" stood for the third band Richard Page sang in (after Pages and Mr. Mister). Well, I had an excuse: it was before internet.

At that moment I thought "third" stood for the third band Richard Page sang in (after Pages and Mr. Mister). Well, I had an excuse: it was before internet.
    It's always interesting to hear the journey.

hey Gruno,
    I'm wondering if there also may be any new information about those documentaries mentioned a few years back?

Quote Originally Posted by mnprogger View Post
    hey Gruno,
    I'm wondering if there also may be any new information about those documentaries mentioned a few years back?
    No news.

Quote Originally Posted by mnprogger View Post
    hey Gruno,
    We currently do not have the time and resources to accomplish a documentary, and there is absolutely no interest in commissioning one, as involvement would still be required.

In lieu of a proper doc, the next best thing is a series of interviews -- a video podcast -- specifically geared with discussing Kevin Gilbert. Over the past year we have been assembling assets that will premiere within each episode. We have completed a series of interviews, with some needing a bit more post production before we are ready to premiere. With the exception of Nick D'Virgilio who will be a recurring guest, you won't be seeing the usuals that sport the KG interview circuit, at least not in the early stages of this venture. Many of our interviews and specials will bring new guests and new media that have never been seen/heard before.

In previous years, we have watched and listened to interviews conducted with colleagues of Kevin's on different programs and media outlets. Usually those interviews are based off of a promotion for that artist. We offer no promotion on that level, but will list the guest's website and other social media if desired. Guests are aware of this and all have welcomed the model.

While I am not all-knowing with regards to the entirety of Kevin's musical history & output, I have a pretty decent grasp on what he accomplished and many of the back roads that he traveled to get his results. We will be debunking myths and exaggerated legends along the way without directing attention to their origins.

Our goal is to have fun while discussing and reminiscing. I started a thread for the podcast HERE.

We have no show airdate schedule. Subscribe to the YouTube channel and/or the official Facebook page as episodes will premiere on YouTube when ready. Check it out if you get a chance.