Thread: Esoteric May/June/July

Esoteric May/June/July

Hi guys

April titles are all in and shipped.

Nick Magnus--N'Monix --New studio album
    Sontaag-Sontaag--New studio album
    Rick Wakeman-Live in Lugano (DVD)
    Keith Cross and Peter Ross--Bored Civilians (Mojos buried Treasure this month)
    Sassafras-Expecting Company
    Hawkwind-The FlickNife Years--5 Cd box set

MAY
    Hi-Fiction Science--New studio album from Bristol based Acid folk outfit with some proggy/kraut overtones too. Heres a new soundcloud track from the album

https://soundcloud.com/cherryredreco...cience-magpies

Todd Rundgren and Utopia--Live at the Electric Ballroom, Milwaukee 1978--from our Todd archive, never before released -DOUBLE
    Neils Heavy Concept Album (We think Phil Smee has excelled himself here-lots of bonus material)--
    John Martyn--Well kept Secret-
    Ellis-Riding on the Crest of a slump-
    Lifesigns--s/t VINYL--double gatefold--Very well received new studio album last year --
    Panic Room-Satellite and Little Satellite EP plus promo video (DOUBLE) hasnt been available for a while from this well liked band.

JUNE
    United States of America--s/t Lots of bonus material--very highly regarded and influential album
    John Cale and Terry Riley-Church of Anthrax--Another highly regarded album
    Rick Wakeman--Softsword
    Rick Wakeman--Out of the Blue with the english rock ensemble-
    Gordon Giltrap-Peacock Party with band of Ian Mosley, John G Perry, Ric Sanders and Rod Edwards
    Gordon Giltrap-Airwaves plus bonus material-band of Rod Edwards, Chas Cronk and Clive Bunker
    Ellis-Why Not?
    Vangelis--Heaven and Hell-- gatefold vinyl-

JULY
    Help Yourself -Reaffirmation--2 Cd anthology with A and B side singles etc
    David Sancious-Forest--Highly regarded jazz rock artist
    David Sancious-Transformation
    Man-Call Down the Moon plus 2 bonus tracks
    Man-The Twang Dynasty--3 Cd clamshell box including Glastonbury festival 1994 -complete set
    Keith Emerson-At The movies- 3 Cd clamshell box covering all Keiths filmscores CD 1 --US movies, CD2 Italian Movies CD3 Japanese movies

Phew--that took some time to assemble up--as always many thanks for the support.

Kind Regards

Vicky Powell
    Esoteric
    www.esotericrecordings.com

Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric View Post

Mmmmhhhh!!!!??? I may just have to get this if only for an extensive booklet... any bonus tracks on this one?? (not likely, IMHO)
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Im afraid their isnt Trane.

Can't wait for the Utopia....How does it sound???

It's great that you are putting the Sancious albums back in print. Any chance of releasing the so far unreleased 'Dance of the Age of Enlightenment' or 'Tone Poems'?

At the moment we only have the two David Sancious ones cleared --

The Utopia one is a great set and great sound--we wouldnt have released it otherwise, which is why we are being picky with the archive we have as we have a lot to choose from..

JUNE
    United States of America--s/t Lots of bonus material--very highly regarded and influential album

JULY
    Man-Call Down the Moon plus 2 bonus tracks
    Man-The Twang Dynasty--3 Cd clamshell box including Glastonbury festival 1994 -complete set
    Hell, they ain't even old-timey ! - Homer Stokes

I'm very happy about the David Sancious releases. Here's hoping for those other out of print titles sometime down the road...

Any chance some of the early Wakeman titles will see a release? I'm thinking White Rock and Rhapsodies specifically.

Good to have that Keith Emerson one back, that got a blink-and-you'll-miss-it release on Sanctuary. I don't have that, but I've heard some of it on other things- the 'Best Revenge' suite is superb.

Quote Originally Posted by zeprogmeister View Post
    It's great that you are putting the Sancious albums back in print. Any chance of releasing the so far unreleased 'Dance of the Age of Enlightenment' or 'Tone Poems'?
    Quote Originally Posted by Yanks2014 View Post
    I'm very happy about the David Sancious releases. Here's hoping for those other out of print titles sometime down the road...
    Count me in here as well - very happy about (Rock & Roll Hall of Famer) David Sancious reissues.

Old man of prog
    I'm in for both Sancious' and Utopia but what I want most from Esoteric is a new Lifesigns studio album

Yeah that's good news about the Sancious albums.

John Martyn--Well kept Secret
    Vicki - what is this? And I don't mean Martyn, who's one of my absolute fave singer-songwriters ever and a certified genius in my book - but the album?

I'm asking partly because I adored your Billy Faye reissues from a decade back!
    Last edited by Scrotum Scissor; 05-18-2014 at 12:07 PM.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Neils Heavy Concept Album ---- -- But seriously, I love this album. And you really can judge it by it's cover!
    Can't wait for reviews to appear on PE !
    The album is really hard to find in the USA, but I'm sure that's not why you picked it for release. I'm curious, why was it chosen ?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    Vicki - what is this?
    Well Kept Secret is John Martyn's second and final album for WEA. It was released in 1982. "Never Let Me Go" featured Ronnie Scott on saxophone. Recorded at RAK Studios, London.

Contents
    1 Track listing
    2 Personnel
    3 References
    4 External links

All tracks composed by John Martyn except where indicated.

"Could've Been Me" – 3:44
    "You Might Need a Man" – 3:09
    "Hung Up" – 3:58 cf. 14-05.
    "Gun Money" – 5:01
    "Never Let Me Go" (Joe Scott) – 2:48
    "Love Up" – 3:19
    "Changes Her Mind" – 4:35
    "Hiss on the Tape" – 3:59
    "Back with a Vengeance" – 3:08
    "Livin' Alone" – 3:27

Personnel

John Martyn
    Jeff Allen
    Danny Cummings
    Jim Prime
    Alan Thomson
    Mel Collins
    Ronnie Scott
    Geraint Watkins
    Pete Wingfield
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

We chose Neil's album because it has been unavailable for many years, is barking mad and I've always had a soft spot for it

Quote Originally Posted by Yanks2014 View Post
    Any chance some of the early Wakeman titles will see a release? I'm thinking White Rock and Rhapsodies specifically.
    Wakeman's 8 albums with A&M from the 1970s—The Six Wives of Henry VIII, Journey to the Centre of the Earth, The Myths and Legends of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table, Lisztomania, No Earthly Connection, White Rock, Criminal Record and Rhapsodies—are being remastered by Universal Records for a staggered re-release, probably with bonus material. Esoteric, AIUI, are re-releasing his more recent albums, i.e. Out There, Live in Lugano (DVD), Softsword, Out of the Blue, 2000AD—Into the Future, Always with You, Almost Live in Europe, the Art in Music trilogy, Fields of Green, In the Nick of Time—Live in 2003, Past, Present & Future, Phantom Power, The Natural World trilogy, Tribute, Wakeman with Wakeman (with Adam Wakeman), and White Rock 2.

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post
    Wakeman's 8 albums with A&M from the 1970s—The Six Wives of Henry VIII, Journey to the Centre of the Earth, The Myths and Legends of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table, Lisztomania, No Earthly Connection, White Rock, Criminal Record and Rhapsodies—are being remastered by Universal Records for a staggered re-release, probably with bonus material. Esoteric, AIUI, are re-releasing his more recent albums, i.e. Out There, Live in Lugano (DVD), Softsword, Out of the Blue, 2000AD—Into the Future, Always with You, Almost Live in Europe, the Art in Music trilogy, Fields of Green, In the Nick of Time—Live in 2003, Past, Present & Future, Phantom Power, The Natural World trilogy, Tribute, Wakeman with Wakeman (with Adam Wakeman), and White Rock 2.

Henry
    Fantastic!
    Thanks for the info Henry!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar

The Utopia one is a great set and great sound--we wouldnt have released it otherwise, which is why we are being picky with the archive we have as we have a lot to choose from..
    What tour was that? - The Road to Utopia?

RW's Criminal Record is long, long over due & an auto-buy for me!

If you a great sounding Utopia concert from the 'Ra' tour I'm also in. I have live CD from that tour but its bootleg quality at best!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar

What tour was that? - The Road to Utopia?

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    RW's Criminal Record is long, long over due & an auto-buy for me!
    This is not out of print - it was reissued a couple years back by Hip-O Select Records (part of Universal). Packaged in original LP artwork reconfigured to an oversized heavy board minijacket wrapped with an iridescent stock, includes a translucent sleeve to protect the CD, it also comes with a 9-inch by 9-inch mini-poster. It is a numbered limited edition, with each copy individually foil-stamped. :

http://www.hip-oselect.com/scr.publi...2-5F1511256DD9

We chose Neil's album because it has been unavailable for many years, is barking mad and I've always had a soft spot for it
    Thank-you ! [insert heart-shaped emoticon] I just Wiki-ed it - Wow ! There IS a lot of bonus material available !
    I'd like to mention to the Prog Ears readers that Dave Stewart (not from Eurythmics ) and the late Pip Pyle played on this album too.

Yes, barking mad !! -- Neil as a policeman -- at 1:40 -- "Oh no, Steve Hillage !"

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    Well Kept Secret is John Martyn's second and final album for WEA. It was released in 1982. "Never Let Me Go" featured Ronnie Scott on saxophone. Recorded at RAK Studios, London.
    Thanks, Steve. I remember it now, but it's time I got around to actually hearing it; I'm far less versed in his 80s production than that of the 70s.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM