Thread: Why FM Radio Sucks

Why FM Radio Sucks

It doesn't suck here in the Lehigh Valley because my programs (Afterglow and Thought Radio) aren't the only programs dedicated to Prog! Werner, over at WLVR, does a show called Cross Continents. My shows are at WMUH and I even was able to request a Pinnacle song at WDIY during The Blend. There's hope!

Thought Radio Playlist for December 1, 2012.
    http://soundscapes.us/thoughtradio/p...12/121201.html

Banned
    I would not know if FM radio sucks dick, cunny or what.
    I am a prog masterman and as such have not listened to the radio for going on 30 years now.

(Even though I have a rare Transwave tube tuner - granted it doesn't work.)

Okay, I did listen to Lino...once.

Occasional listener to Lino (when I don't have a conflict) and other than that, it's strictly NPR. I refuse to listen to any of my local stations, which are either boring classic rock or country.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

If I happen to be awake and realise your show is on Bill (as in, see 5 notifications reminding me that it's on), then I'll usually tune in. Lately I've been tuning in a bit too early and fighting to stay awake during the introductory mellow stuff you play before you get to the prog portion of the show. But they're both great shows for variety and eclecticness.

KALX, which is Univ. of California, Berkeley is a great local station, as is KCSM in San Mateo, jazz station. Of course KQED, the local NPR station. Live365 fusion stations in the house on the computer. Attentionspanradio is my favorite with Fusion 101 and FusionGroovin close behind.

FM radio doesn't suck in my domicile.I have WKCR-FM on for hours a day,almost every day,and have for many years.WKCR isn't perfect, it doesn't play prog and almost never plays rock, but if you dig jazz of all eras, classical music from Machaut to Messaien and beyond,blues, r&b, Indian classical and ethnic musics from around the world,WKCR fits the bill.WKCR is non commercial and proud of it.

It's more than a radio station(to me); it's a cultural resource.
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide