Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brian Eno - Another Green World

My fave Eno as well and an all-time top 10. Probably the only of my favorites that the first track is far and away my least favorite on the album, but even it's still good. I get Eno's vocals aren't for everyone but they've always suited me just fine. I wish Eno had stretched Becalmed and Another Green World (track) into ambient albums themselves.

Kristi
    [QUOTE=Mister Triscuits;254426]Actually the collaboration with Cluster came two years later, around the time he was recording Before and After Science, which itself includes a track with Cluster.

Isn't two years "around" in the grand scheme of things? They are all certainly of like minds.

I like this a lot, but as far as Eno's output goes I far prefer Music for Airports and Discreet Music (side 1). For me, nothing he's done comes close to these two stunners.

Does it matter that this waste of time is what makes a life for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Oreb View Post
    I like this a lot, but as far as Eno's output goes I far prefer Music for Airports and Discreet Music (side 1). For me, nothing he's done comes close to these two stunners.
    Hard to compare the two time periods.. I embraced the Ambient period... Music for Films, Airport, On Land, Discreet, Plateau of Mirror, Day or Radiance, Apollo release etc. which of course started with Evening Star / No Pussyfooting with Fripp.. 2 separate periods.. both equal in brilliance.. just a different plain..

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    I think everyone is forgetting that Discreet Music , not Before and After Science, was Eno's fourth solo album.
    Certainly, though I think the four mentioned are generally thought of as a set
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

It's one of my all time faves. I always thought that the tracks (or some of them) were sketches to be fully fleshed out and used later.

I scored an original US pressing of this in VG+/NM condition for $17.50...my local brick/mortar store had a copy in a little better shape with a perfect jacket for $50. So my thinking is that every little "pop" on my copy is a $5 discount off. What a wonderful album this is...it's been on steady play mode for a few weeks now. I largely don't know a lot of his stuff, but I do love this, Music for Airports, and (Yes Footypussing).
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

The first Eno album I heard and still my favourite. Has a great balance of his quirky vocal-pop side and his instrumental side.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    I scored an original US pressing of this in VG+/NM condition for $17.50...my local brick/mortar store had a copy in a little better shape with a perfect jacket for $50. So my thinking is that every little "pop" on my copy is a $5 discount off. What a wonderful album this is...it's been on steady play mode for a few weeks now. I largely don't know a lot of his stuff, but I do love this, Music for Airports, and (Yes Footypussing).
    Evening star with Fripp is fantastic. IMO better (and even mor far out) than No Pussyfooting.
    His work with Harold Budd ( The Pearl & The Plateaux of Mirror) is some of the most relaxing yet not boring music I know.
    Most of his ambient albums are great. Discreet Music, Music For Airports, On Land, Apollo. Later he gets a bit repetitive, Shutov Assembly is ok but kind of 'more of the same' -
    Nerve Net (also with Fripp) is more in the 'Green world' departement, but more raw and cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    Evening star with Fripp is fantastic. IMO better (and even mor far out) than No Pussyfooting.
    His work with Harold Budd ( The Pearl & The Plateaux of Mirror) is some of the most relaxing yet not boring music I know.
    Most of his ambient albums are great. Discreet Music, Music For Airports, On Land, Apollo. Later he gets a bit repetitive, Shutov Assembly is ok but kind of 'more of the same' -
    Nerve Net (also with Fripp) is more in the 'Green world' departement, but more raw and cold.
    Excellent, thanks. I am definitely in the mood to hear more of his stuff, especially the more ambient and serene direction.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

I got into him a year or two ago, after seeing For All Mankind at the Cleveland Cinematheque. I actually had a few of his records before that, I've had an LP copies of Here Come The Warm Jets and Evening Star for ages, and I got Music For Airports and No Pussyfooting probably about 20 years ago (I recall buying them at the old Borders that used to be in the La Place shopping center). But I went on a little of a bit of an Eno jag last year, buying Discreet Music, The Plateaux Of Mirror, Music For Films, More Music For Films and the double CD edition of Apollo. Some nice music on all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Excellent, thanks. I am definitely in the mood to hear more of his stuff, especially the more ambient and serene direction.
    Frankie his first 4 albums are fantastic
    Out of the Ambient series On Land is wonderful
    His collab with Jon Hassell
    And David Byrne are classics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

as time goes by I love and appreciate Here Come The Warm Jets
    Its edgier rough and has this fresh energy
    And the melodies are truly exquisite