Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Daevid Allen Needs Operation, Tour Postponed

We can hope. Sounds like he's in for radiation treatment next -- which my boss is currently undergoing for throat cancer -- and that's not fun. My boss has been sidelined for about 2 months now. Daevid also has a broken arm to tend to? Yikes.

But if anyone can pull through on positive energy and boundless enthusiam it's David so don't count him out yet. Magnets and sticking his feet in the dirt can't hurt, but mostly it's his attitude that'll drive the timeline.

Latest news from Jonny:

"Daevid is relived to be home and has already listened to and having his say on the 'I See You' album mixes."

Official Gong announcement :
    "It is with regret and sadness that Gong must announce the cancellation of the UK tour this coming Autumn.
    Following Daevid's illness we had hoped to make the tour viable in some way without him.
    This has ultimately proved impossible. Apologies to all who looked forward, as we did, to the shows.
    We hope to see you all again before long.
    love and flying teapots GONG"

No Daevid, no Gong. Plain and simple. The fans won't buy it without him. I wouldn't.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Wishing Daevid all the best. I'll be buying the new record for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    No Daevid, no Gong. Plain and simple. The fans won't buy it without him. I wouldn't.
    That's a shame. As much respect as I have for Daevid, I'm far more interested in seeing a younger generation of men led by Orlando carry on the Gong tradition. That excites me, and that, is absolutely what Gong has always been about.
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    No Daevid, no Gong. Plain and simple.
    Shoot, I'm rather fond of Pierre Moerlen's Gong.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    Shoot, I'm rather fond of Pierre Moerlen's Gong.
    Sadly, no Pierre....
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by strawberrybrick View Post
    That's a shame. As much respect as I have for Daevid, I'm far more interested in seeing a younger generation of men led by Orlando carry on the Gong tradition. That excites me, and that, is absolutely what Gong has always been about.
    I have no problem with a Gong Project band.

Harry Williamson:

"UPDATE Daevid's Condition

I spoke with Daevid yesterday, and he was in good spirits, but sounding a little quiet. Over the weekend he had a balcony-warming party - now his house has a new sun-facing balcony which will cheer up the winter months. Luxury!

He is still a bit tired, and gearing up for the beginning of radiation treatments for his neck which start on the 13th August and last for six weeks, which brings us to October. It will take him about a month to recover afterwards, and he is not sure how much he will be able to communicate during these times.

He is hoping to resume his work and playing in November. He is also sorry that such a large tour had to be cancelled, but then, what can one do?

Reading between the lines, this is an arduous journey. Personally, I would keep my energies focused on the outcome, and not expect to have much left over for chat. I think this maybe what he is expecting, and thus it is while we wish him all the best and hope to hear more positive news as time passes, I will not be pestering him for blow by blow details. If something of interest comes up rest assured I will post it here. Meanwhile, he thanks you all for the great gift of love and good wishes he has received and continues to receive especially during the meditation time.

Sorry this doesn't suit everyone but, good thoughts are welcome at all times, naturally.

all the best, harry

Obviously his healing path is long but he is in positive high spirits and dealing with it one day at a time. Daevid would like to humbly thank everybody who has sent him healing in their own ways and wishes to reassure everybody that he is receiving strong and clear. "Not by my will but via the will of the one god love will the outcome be as it should". Thank you beloved glissers everywhere for the love. Daevid

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Udi Koomran View Post
    Harry Williamson:

"UPDATE Daevid's Condition

I spoke with Daevid yesterday, and he was in good spirits, but sounding a little quiet. Over the weekend he had a balcony-warming party - now his house has a new sun-facing balcony which will cheer up the winter months. Luxury!

He is still a bit tired, and gearing up for the beginning of radiation treatments for his neck which start on the 13th August and last for six weeks, which brings us to October. It will take him about a month to recover afterwards, and he is not sure how much he will be able to communicate during these times.

He is hoping to resume his work and playing in November. He is also sorry that such a large tour had to be cancelled, but then, what can one do?

Reading between the lines, this is an arduous journey. Personally, I would keep my energies focused on the outcome, and not expect to have much left over for chat. I think this maybe what he is expecting, and thus it is while we wish him all the best and hope to hear more positive news as time passes, I will not be pestering him for blow by blow details. If something of interest comes up rest assured I will post it here. Meanwhile, he thanks you all for the great gift of love and good wishes he has received and continues to receive especially during the meditation time.

Sorry this doesn't suit everyone but, good thoughts are welcome at all times, naturally.

all the best, harry

Obviously his healing path is long but he is in positive high spirits and dealing with it one day at a time. Daevid would like to humbly thank everybody who has sent him healing in their own ways and wishes to reassure everybody that he is receiving strong and clear. "Not by my will but via the will of the one god love will the outcome be as it should". Thank you beloved glissers everywhere for the love. Daevid
    Thanks. Where did Harry post this, and who is the last paragraph from?

From Orlando's FB page:

"A Dingo Virgin - Gong News Update - So we have some fantastic news for everyone *The Gong *I See You* deluxe double vinyl album has been finalized mastered and delivered to Snapper/Madfish! brace yourselves because This album has Dingo Virgin -Daevid Allen- and the band in top songwriting form and We are now in the process of finishing the CD which has an extra track. The Release date will be 17th October 2014 a random syn-crony for people who know what this date means to Gong * The Dingo Virgin has undergone more surgery today to remove a skin cancer on his chest, this is not as full on as the last operations yet it still requires a skin graft from his leg to cover what they take * so all positive thoughts and energies are fully received by Daevid and I have to say with the last 3 Ops - seriously miracles happened everyone!? within 2 days from the brink of death, swelling uncontrollably to being fully present with me Dave Sturt and Udi Koomran so we could finish the album with his vision and full involvement - incredible* ! although after this - he will be in 1 month of radiation therapy everyday! so The Dingo Virgin has some trials and tribulations ahead with his health yet he is in an amazingly transformed state of being and very happy with the Vinyl and CD albums- although - any and all help on any level is warmly welcomed, contact GAS or myself * and more good news- I just received a text that he is on his way home now and Op was a success* Phhheeewww anyhows so this the latest Gong news as of mid 2014 with Big Sonic Love- The Flamedog Alien signing out* -"

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Thanks. Where did Harry post this, and who is the last paragraph from?
    http://www.springstudio.com.au/

More on Daevids health from Planet Gong ........We know from Orlando, who must be a complete spin these days with both parents going through it, that daevid is now deep, deep down in the trenches of his radiotherapy - running silent and running deep.
    All direct communication has stopped, there simply can't be the energy to be bothered with anything at all. I suspected that we had reached that point, as I knew we must, when there was no brief acknowledgement from daevid, as there would usually be, to 2 or 3 very easy e-mails I needed to send over the weekend. To do with the Alien-Aid in fact.
    Each day is obviously a harder and harder trial for him and that will inevitably continue for the next two weeks. Then when it seems as if no more can be borne the radiotherapy will stop and a long period of quiet recovery will begin, with we hope no re-occurrence of the cancer.
    May daevid's journey through whatever he has to personally go through be .............. (add whatever word or words fits your own understanding of the situation, framed by whatever experience you have of anything similiar, and that aims for highest - then send it out there).
    I don't know what else to say right now - it's one man walking

What can one say. All of us I'm sure have went through similar situations with our loved ones. It's a strange feeling when it's someone who has been an important part of my life but who has no idea who I am. I hope he knows how many people have him in their thoughts and prayers for a recovery from this illness.

^ well put. Loss is a part of life. We all drive on and on. Here's to Daevid and his recovery.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Hopefully tea and will help...

Keep singing "You Can't Kill Me," Daevid.

We (as in the rest of Gong) had a fairly passionate and in depth email from Daevid yesterday, regarding which track from the forthcoming album should be made into a video.
    He is obviously struggling but the sentiment was full of life.
    I have a friend twenty years younger who's been going through the same treatment but a few months ahead of Daevid and I can attest that the process is unbelievably grim.
    I'm not one for hunches, mind, but knowing him as I do, I feel like Daevid will beat this.

Very pleased to read this message via Orlando Allen on Facebook this morning...

A MESSAGE FROM THE DINGO VIRGIN - DADA ALI TO
    Written for you all on arising today October 21 2014 :

Good Morning Beloved Friends,

As the sun rises today I can say thanks to you all, at last I find myself coming back to life after radiation therapy and words cannot express how grateful I am to you for your powerful combined and sustained healing, loving kindness and support both visible and invisible.

I have pictured your powerful healing energies as an ocean of love from which I have drawn courage and life force every day since the beginning of June.

I am happy to say that each of you and all of you have made all the difference in helping me to survive this difficult period.

I am so SO grateful to every one of you.

What more can I express but my humble thanks in helping to get me back to where I am today and hopefully soon back to full creative health.

Thank you a million times and more.

I send you ALL my love and heart-felt wishes that this good karma returns to you a hundred-fold.

All together we can achieve miracles.

I LOVE YOU!

baba dada daevid
    October 21 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    Man, that's beautiful! And if there ever was an autobuy...
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight Caller View Post
    Very pleased to read this message via Orlando Allen on Facebook this morning...
    This is excellent news,
    Made my day!

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    ^ indeed! That is pleasing to read.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.