Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RIP Nash the Slash (of Canadian band FM)

His own obituary?
    http://www.nashtheslash.com/
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

Jon Neudorf
    This is shocking. RIP...

Quote Originally Posted by strawberrybrick View Post
    I believe that message was written about a year ago or maybe two when he officially retired from music.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberrybrick View Post
    Yep, that's been up for nearly 2 years.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

A wonderful, talented guy. I will miss him greatly. We chatted online several times in addition to our interview. Hopefully at peace at last.
    Sleeping at home is killing the hotel business!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    In 2007 I flew to Toronto to see him.. Arriving early at the club/bar I was greeted by NtS sans bandages who was just setting up for the gig. He spent a good 40 minutes chatting with me as I drank some ice cold Molson's. Same for the second night. He told me stories of his musical loves; concerts he saw as a boy in TO. He loved Pink Floyd and King Crimson too, along with Eno, The Who and so many more. I cherish those memories even more now. What a class act, don't know if he ever got over me hugging him when he told me (w/o bandages) that "Hey, I'm Nash The Slash!" Toronto had their biggest blizzard, some 35"+ that Sunday, and he went on as scheduled for me and I think 2 other fans. Some 27 years after 1st seeing him, first of many times in NYC including opening for Iggy Pop at the Peppermint Lounge...well actually, he came on about 2 hours after Iggy around 1am. Also a show at Trax he came on after 2am, played a 45 minute set and left for another hour before performing his second set, around 4am. At that gig, I headed to the bathroom during the break and ran into Dave Stewart (National Health, Bruford etc) who was mesmerized and mostly pissed he had to leave to catch an early flight back across the pond.
    Thank you for the fish Nash. May you Rest In Piece.

-RIP-
    Did he always perform in bandages or something?

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Did he always perform in bandages or something?
    After around 1979. Before that he didn't. Earlier days just the top hot and shades look.

How very sad!

I discovered FM in 1977 and have listened to their work and NtS's work ever since. I agree that he never got his due for his influence.