Thread: WRAS GA State University Station State programming takeover

WRAS GA State University Station State programming takeover

WRAS was the station I grew up listening to. I discovered this troubling news while listening to Reeling In The Years this past Saturday. I consider this growing government fascism.
    http://clatl.com/freshloaf/archives/...ement-ceremony

In order to grab more state money, the college is giving 14 hours per day (6 AM to 10 PM) to GA Public Broadcasting. WRAS is at 88.5 on the FM dial. GPTV also broadcasts on FM 90.5 in Atlanta.
    WRAS was the Atlanta station that helped break many Progressive Rock acts in the 70s. It was the number one rated station according to Arbitron ratings in 1973 and 1974.

Mod or rocker? Mocker. Frumious B's Avatar
    WRAS is virtually the only rock oriented station in the ATL to which I ever listen with any regularity. I dig the music and the vibe takes me back to my early 90s college radio days.

Government facism? LOL. However, I think this change really and truly bites and I'd love to see the students, the DJs and staff, local musicians and the listening community really stand up and raise a big freaking stink.

Quote Originally Posted by Jubal View Post
    WRAS was the station I grew up listening to. I discovered this troubling news while listening to Reeling In The Years this past Saturday. I consider this growing government fascism.
    http://clatl.com/freshloaf/archives/...ement-ceremony
    Quote Originally Posted by Frumious B View Post

Government facism? LOL.

i agree ^

this is just about ca$h

Ca$hism?
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Reginod View Post
    Ca$hism?
    I would consider that a fair description.