Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UK Prog Festivals

Yes, that's a fair review.

And I don't think anyone has it easy Matt. There are many reasons why you get to support many bands - you're friendly, talented, interesting and easy to accommodate. Basically the perfect person for the support slot.

Orcopian
    less than a week till Eppyfest- anyone else going? I'm really looking forward to it, been checking out the fierce and the dead on band camp this weekend I think they will be really good, and Henry fools recent cd is really growing on me.

what about the news that Magneta are making their comeback at Summersend in place do RPWL- was quite looking forward to RPWL as their new release in pretty good, but magenta are class.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcopian View Post
    less than a week till Eppyfest- anyone else going? I'm really looking forward to it, been checking out the fierce and the dead on band camp this weekend I think they will be really good, and Henry fools recent cd is really growing on me.

what about the news that Magneta are making their comeback at Summersend in place do RPWL- was quite looking forward to RPWL as their new release in pretty good, but magenta are class.
    Eppyfest seemed to go well - there is a review of it here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/fier...edead/?fref=ts

Non Facebook - Truth To Shredding have reviewed it here:

http://www.keystoshredding.com/2014/...o+Shredding%29
    Last edited by Matt Stevens; 07-06-2014 at 09:35 AM.

Orcopian
    Yep it was a great day, excellent and varied bands and a chilled atmosphere. Nice to have a seat at a uk fest as well.
    Fierce and the dead we're awesome, picked up a couple of CDs as well (I was the guy who had been to rushden&diamonds Matt).

biggest surprise was Henry Fool who turned up with Tim Burness (who I didn't think was appearing) they played a few songs from his excellent new cd, some no-man songs and a few Henry fool numbers as well. not what I was expecting but a very nice surprise. The band were excellent, they have a few more shows coming up so if you get the chance go and see them.

I am your autopilot were pretty laid back but enjoyable, andy Pickford played some class synth music, Thumpermonkey were very loud. I couldn't stAy till the end but saw the first 3 songs by flutatious, they had a nice jazz rock vibe going with flute and violin, and some very tasty guitar.

I'm really glad I went ian fairholm put on a great festival I will definitely go next year if it's on.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcopian View Post
    Yep it was a great day, excellent and varied bands and a chilled atmosphere. Nice to have a seat at a uk fest as well.
    Fierce and the dead we're awesome, picked up a couple of CDs as well (I was the guy who had been to rushden&diamonds Matt).

biggest surprise was Henry Fool who turned up with Tim Burness (who I didn't think was appearing) they played a few songs from his excellent new cd, some no-man songs and a few Henry fool numbers as well. not what I was expecting but a very nice surprise. The band were excellent, they have a few more shows coming up so if you get the chance go and see them.

I am your autopilot were pretty laid back but enjoyable, andy Pickford played some class synth music, Thumpermonkey were very loud. I couldn't stAy till the end but saw the first 3 songs by flutatious, they had a nice jazz rock vibe going with flute and violin, and some very tasty guitar.

I'm really glad I went ian fairholm put on a great festival I will definitely go next year if it's on.
    I remember talking to you after our set Thanks loads for that - it was a magic day. All the bands were really good I saw and there was a nice sense of community