Thread: Acid Mothers Temple in concert!

Acid Mothers Temple in concert!

I am going to watch AMT in a small club in Boise, Idaho on Monday night. Who has been to there show before? What should I expect?

Expect it to be LOUD !

Yes, bring earplugs....they will play for about 90 minutes.

And it will kick your ass!

Sweet!
    I will definitely wear earplugs.

Haven't seen them, but I wonder if the band (and other bands) wears ear plugs and how their hearing is if they don't?

I don't think AMT members wear earplugs and their hearing must be shot.

Great live band, and so are all the spin-offs I've seen.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

2014-05-13 23.21.11.jpg2014-05-13 23.21.45-1.jpg

The show was great and super intense. Earplugs were a must!
    They were selling tons of CDs. It was hard to pick one. I ended up with this one “Genroku Passion Play. This album isn’t credited to Acid Mothers Temple, which I didn’t realize at the time. It is a project by AMT’s bass player Tsuyama. I am not sure who the other players are. It is actually quite good. The music sounds just like the CD booklet looks. A mishmash of Jethro Tull’s “A Passion Play” and “Thick As A Brick” as well as a few other british rockers. Of course, there is a lot of flute on it. It rocks pretty hard. It is good timing with the Remix of “A Passion Play coming out soon. They had tons of CDs. I think a lot of them are probably sold only at the concerts. I am sure they are at least pretty hard to find.
    Last edited by Tim35; 05-14-2014 at 02:12 AM.

They used to smash the occasional guitar, for sonic effect, at some concerts !

I always come home with two or three cd's.....I was planning on picking up the Passion Play cd this time.

Two weeks from tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Tim35 View Post
    2014-05-13 23.21.11.jpg2014-05-13 23.21.45-1.jpg

The show was great and super intense. Earplugs were a must!
    They were selling tons of CDs. It was hard to pick one. I ended up with this one “Genroku Passion Play. This album isn’t credited to Acid Mothers Temple, which I didn’t realize at the time. It is a project by AMT’s bass player Tsuyama. I am not sure who the other players are. It is actually quite good. The music sounds just like the CD booklet looks. A mishmash of Jethro Tull’s “A Passion Play” and “Thick As A Brick” as well as a few other british rockers. Of course, there is a lot of flute on it. It rocks pretty hard. It is good timing with the Remix of “A Passion Play coming out soon. They had tons of CDs. I think a lot of them are probably sold only at the concerts. I am sure they are at least pretty hard to find.
    I believe AMT *proper* have some 50 titles to their name, with the band extensions counting 20+ on top of those. And, as with the good ol' Boredoms, there's absolutely everything from heavy space improv rock through acoustic folk by way of fusion, pure noise, ambient, stoner and out'n'out progressive on those. You'd probably want to check out sister bands Mainliner, Musica Transonic, High Rise and Seventh Seal as well - and there are another dozen of enhancements worthy a serious listen.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM