Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Prog in unlikely places

Quote Originally Posted by Zappathustra View Post
    I am not such a fan of Fincher clinical.style (still those first 3 movies of his were excellent).
    I really like Se7en, Dragon Tattoo and especially Zodiac, but Benjamin Button and the rest of them are not my case at all.

As for Mindhunter, I could watch that series for Anna Torv alone. The most gorgeous and simultaneously charismatic woman on TV nowadays, and that voice...
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

One of these days, I need to chronicle all of the bootleg uses of prog tracks in the soundtracks of Chinese and Turkish movies. Master of Flying Guillotine is the most [in]famous example, with all the NEU! and Tangerine Dream stuff (Quentin Tarantino even stole—sorry “paid homage to”—this in one of his films). I was extremely surprised when I finally saw the infamous Category III trash-terpiece Lewd Lizard and found both Mahavishnu Orchestra’s “Vision Is a Naked Sword” and ELP’s “The Endless Enigma, Part I” on the soundtrack. The latter turned up again in Şeytan (PG-rated Turkish rip-off of The Exorcist with an Islamic theme).

Wish I could remember the name of the chop-socky flick which used the Einstein in Eden album on it’s soundtrack—how did something so obscure even find its way to Hong Kong?
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

This past Wed night, I was watching the Penguins play the Colorado Avalanche. During one break in the action, the PA at the Pgh arena started playing Yes, "Roundabout".