Thread: new Altrock/fading releases

new Altrock/fading releases

I saw some 'new' releases in the Altrock shop.
    (http://altrock.highsite.it/)

Ut gret - radical Symmetry
    Apperently an older american Rio band. I had never heared of them.

FEM - Sula Bole di Sapone
    Debut album of an Italian progband

Coscienza di Zeno - s/t
    Debut album re-released.

Vezhlivy Otkaz - Geranium (CD+DVD)
    Another re-release of this fantastic band. Finally some good news coming from Moscow ;-) Woohoo!

Vezhlivy Otkaz is a must-have, Coscienza di Zeno I'll probably skip. Anyone have info on the other two?

Cool. Always good news. I know there have been some chomping at the bit for a Vezhlivy Otkaz reissue.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Excellent news, I've been waiting for that Vezhlivy Otkaz since seeing the last copy at RIO being carried off by one of my Scandinavian friends.

The Ut Gret is autobuy as well.

Paging Steve F, will you be stocking the Vezhlivy Otkaz?

I only heard of Ut Gret a few weeks ago with great reviews of this release from those who got early copies for review. I got the last one & its a terrific. Here's a part of the Wayside blurb

The music on “Radical Symmetry” is equal parts jazz, rock and classical music filtered through myriad world music influences. Progressive music fans can hear the traces of Canterbury bands (Soft Machine and Gong) classic progressive rock (Happy the Man and King Crimson), Zeuhl (Present/Univers Zero) and ‘Rock in Opposition’ bands like Henry Cow. Jazz influences from Sun Ra, Miles, Monk and Mingus can be heard in both the great horn arrangements and solos. Tricky rhythms, complex harmonic structures and Zappa-like melodies abound. Though challenging, this work is also fun and playful, with klezmer, Arabic, East European and Indian music interwoven throughout

Not what you'd typically expect from Kentucky.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Excellent news, I've been waiting for that Vezhlivy Otkaz since seeing the last copy at RIO being carried off by one of my Scandinavian friends.

The Ut Gret is autobuy as well.

I only heard of Ut Gret a few weeks ago with great reviews of this release from those who got early copies for review. I got the last one & its a terrific.

Not what you'd typically expect from Kentucky.
    Although there *IS* a French TV connection. BTW, their long oop debut album had Eugene Chadbourne on it (and he also guested on a FTV album back then, playing banjo of course).

I'll be getting the Vezhlivyi and the Coscienza, and I'm curious about that FEM thing.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Some "Forza Elettro Motrice"

http://www.tunecore.com/widgets/show/81780

Nice vivid symphonic Prog. The debut Album from CdZ is much better than their second (also a bit harder)

I've had and enjoyed the Ut Gret disc for a while...

It's at Wayside pretty cheap for those interested...

http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...D-spc-001.aspx
    Enjoy the moment... It's the only way to fly!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    The Ut Gret listed above, Radical Symmetry, is actually the 2011 release, the new one is called Ancestors Tale and hasn't been shipped to the USA yet.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.