Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Emerson - Three Fates Project

Quote Originally Posted by Rand Kelly View Post
    Ordered the cd/dvd....but why only Norway? Anyway,I could not find it anywhere else,so I await this masterful music.
    ordered on the 4th and received on the 17th. Not bad considering. I just wanted to let anyone who is planning on buying the cd/dvd that the dvd is PAL and cannot be played on any player that can't decode PAL. I never saw the site Simmax mention anything about play ability. So there's a heads up.

n.p.Three Fates Project

Is it good? What's the sense of doing orchestral Endless Enigma? For I know well the orchestral Abaddon's Bolero, and I think it was a waste of time.

I love it.

I love it.
    This maybe explains a lot for somebody, but not for me, sorry.. Some detailed observation is all I need here. I like some of Emerson's solo, but his orchestral foreys are different. Not always good. The orchestration on Nighthawks, for example, is way better than on Inferno - while it is not very problematic to exceed the disaster called Inferno.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gregory View Post
    This maybe explains a lot for somebody, but not for me, sorry.. Some detailed observation is all I need here. I like some of Emerson's solo, but his orchestral foreys are different. Not always good. The orchestration on Nighthawks, for example, is way better than on Inferno - while it is not very problematic to exceed the disaster called Inferno.
    Love those two Soundtracks!

A lot better than I thought it would be...and more rockin' than I thought, too. Endless Enigma and Tarkus work the best for me. Orchestration on Tarkus is creative and colorful. The drummer can be a little intrusive and irritating. The second part of Fanfare is inferior to ELP's original, and is my least favorite track. Overall, quite solid, and recommended.

i wish greg sang on it

Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel3 View Post
    Camples live!
    They sure do, and totally appropriate in a KE thread! I've had this disc since Halloween and still have not spun it. Definitely will soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Yanks2009 View Post
    They sure do, and totally appropriate in a KE thread! I've had this disc since Halloween and still have not spun it. Definitely will soon.
    Good! God! Man!,what are you waiting for?

Quote Originally Posted by gregory View Post
    I like Inferno - both the movie and the music.

Good! God! Man!,what are you waiting for?
    I have a lot of new music I haven't played yet, a good 10 cd's worth. That's what happens when you buy a boatload of music at two festivals in the same summer. Still getting caught up on my Nearfest haul, after only getting caught up on what I got at Rosfest a short while ago.

I found myself more bugged by Bonilla's guitar then by the drumming. EE and despite Bonilla, Tarkus were terrific. Wasn't too enamored with the by-the-book runthrough of FFFTCM followed by a version of Fanfare that, to my ears, was weaker than the Works original. I think I preferred the Greg Lake w/Gary Moore version when hearing this guitar-centric version.

I've spent my money on worse orchestra-meets-rock CDs, though.
    -=Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?=-

Banned
    Say what, Babylon?

You DO understand you are speaking of the best prog release of 2012, don't you?