Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I want to go back to the school

brain training (studies) have clearly always made the difference

to focus goals, purposes Pioneers made it true, ok
    There has always been incredible dynamic brains heading and leading knowledge, ok
    Today this can be allowed and EASY to anyone

OK. too...

...word salad
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Words are a pitiful means for communicating, limiting to the extreme. If a picture is worth a 1000 words, how many is a movie worth ?? How many to construct a reality ?- How can we ever express our inner thoughts and feelings - before they're gone in the next instant of time.
    Words are lies. Truths are expressed with words, lies are created by them. Think without labeling everything, eliminate the inner dialog that restricts your perception of the world. Think without words. be free

QUOTE - I've found it when realizing that any topic, whatever their complexity, if clearly and simply well explained, it could be understood by anyone.....,- Q ( Physician, .... )

Schools teach until subjects are understood . After graduating, students have to real-ize what they learned. Hopefully its a good proportion of what they taught him/her. Facts and figures and theory are important, but that's only half of a well-rounded education.

Now, much more importantly ---------- where's my sandwich ??? ?

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    School is where you learn what older wiser people (who themselves were once young) think you should learn.
    Outside school, in your own life, using your own brain, heart, senses and emotions is where you learn what you really should learn.
    Hmm, interesting perspective. I was happy to learn from those older, wiser people (so many books and writers I wouldn't have discovered if not for them) but you're probably right that finding your own way is at least a good part of the reason for going to college.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

"Sandwich" first, "pudding" last !

...Some additional "food for thought".....

After learning from some of the best guitar instructors at the Guitar Institute of Technology, I returned home and began what would become a 16 year tenure as a private guitar teacher....I can tell you without any hesitation that I learned WAY MORE from my students than I ever did from my teachers....FACT !

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    but you're probably right that finding your own way is at least a good part of the reason for going to college.
    And 'finding your own way' could be more valuable than that degree. Soaking up the college environment/experience is priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersonic Scientist View Post
    ...Some additional "food for thought".....

Me, after learning from some of the best guitar instructors at the Guitar Institute of Technology, I returned home and began what would become a 16 year tenure as a private guitar teacher....I can tell you without any hesitation that I learned WAY MORE from my students than I ever did from my teachers....FACT !

Me, in guitar playing, I've never got the opportunity of teaching guitar playing, Nevertheless, when after years of playing & reading classical guitar and memorise number of songs, I've had enough,,,
    So I've started to play all possible music, the music I always liked in a pure intuitive, pure instinctive and experimental direction,,,, and to my amazed and great surprise this has work out incredible well, so much that finally I used to do it for 8 or 9 hours/day
    I was so happy because this experience having beyond the structured bounds/borders I've seen and knew since ever, that this is all I want to do now,,,

Quote Originally Posted by highaltitude View Post
    Me, in guitar playing, I've never got the opportunity of teaching guitar playing, Nevertheless, when after years of playing & reading classical guitar and memorise number of songs, I've had enough,,,
    So I've started to play all possible music, the music I always liked in a pure intuitive, pure instinctive and experimental direction,,,, and to my amazed and great surprise this has work out incredible well, so much that finally I used to do it for 8 or 9 hours/day
    I was so happy because this experience having beyond the structured bounds/borders I've seen and knew since ever, that this is all I want to do now,,,
    [/COLOR]
    NOW you are playing the guitar !!!!! never look back.......

Quote Originally Posted by tom unbound View Post
    Yep,
    it looks like, thank you very much...

This concept is so much retro-sixties.."...be free...", "think without words..."...by that time people thought (even serial killers) that ignoring non-verbal behaviour this would not affect them and, incredibly this used to work out ok, lol...

Well, Yes I know,

Me too I've found myself as a one more among 700 students first year, by there you are just a number, ok

The fact is, School or whatever kind of education, for good or for evil, it is always a way to find discipline and this is important in life, ok....

The natural motivation to do/study one thing or another is not always easy to find when having 16-20 years old,...Nevertheless, when learning complex concepts as 2+2, things become fun to be followed if people interested on, and if not, it is when people approaching same way, any other, of the plenty fields of knowledge made by man, that results can even depend of the height of fun found.... (lol)

--
    nous sommes du soleil

Words are a pitiful means for communicating, limiting to the extreme. If a picture is worth a 1000 words, how many is a movie worth ?? How many to construct a reality ?- How can we ever express our inner thoughts and feelings - before they're gone in the next instant of time.
    Words are lies. Truths are expressed with words, lies are created by them. Think without labeling everything, eliminate the inner dialog that restricts your perception of the world. Think without words. be free

QUOTE - I've found it when realizing that any topic, whatever their complexity, if clearly and simply well explained, it could be understood by anyone.....,- Q ( Physician, .... )

Schools teach until subjects are understood . After graduating, students have to real-ize what they learned. Hopefully its a good proportion of what they taught him/her. Facts and figures and theory are important, but that's only half of a well-rounded education.

Now, much more importantly ---------- where's my sandwich ??? ?

your sandwich ?????? enjoy your sandwich with a Coke, ok....lol

One of my girlfriends told me once:

"...Life is life
    and looking back,
    it can be important, you know..."

lol

"This concept is so much retro-sixties"
    I'm sorry, I don't keep up with the latest conceptual fads. Has something newer come along ? Pasting labels (words for example) on reality is just projecting your reality on everything. Painting the world with your own personal color, so to say. That is not awareness, nor perception.

"your sandwich ?????? enjoy your sandwich with a Coke, ok....lol"
    Diet Coke, please !

"...Life is life
    and looking back,
    it can be important, you know..."

True, it can be very important.
    Life is much like driving a car. There's a little rear view mirror to see where you've been. And a great big windshield in front of you. Guess which is more important. Too many people go thru life looking backwards all the time, and have no idea of where they're going...continually wrapped up in the dance of Maya....oblivious to natures majesty...

hava a cuppa tea
    cuppa hubba dubba
    didn't you forget something
    roll another brother
    maybe you forgot someone
    a bit a'cake
    yum yum
    haven't you forgotten
    have another drink
    have a larger!
    wot did we forget let's see…
    yea yea!
    Wot's the scene today?
    you know the Octave Doc…
    when's he commin momma?
    …wot's the time
    don't know
    WE better ask
    have another lager
    Where has everybody
    Gong! I hear the Gong!
    wait a minute man
    hey! We missed the Buzz…
    Oh No!
    (from Gong - You)

Ok, this is all right...

True, it can be very important.
    Life is much like driving a car. There's a little rear view mirror to see where you've been. And a great big windshield in front of you. Guess which is more important. Too many people go thru life looking backwards all the time, and have no idea of where they're going...continually wrapped up in the dance of Maya....oblivious to natures majesty...
    This remember me when I was in a creativity seminary. It was when the guy said "discarding memories and knowledge accumulation because weak in terms, is natural human brain reactivity that get it over when related with the chosen world... By that time I've realised he was talking about the challenging constant change we live when getting out on the street, always inviting all to surf on......
    and, well you are right, about the sandwich, it was rather ridiculous...

Quote Originally Posted by highaltitude View Post
    This remember me when I was in a creativity seminary. It was when the guy said "discarding memories and knowledge accumulation because weak in terms, is natural human brain reactivity that get it over when related with the chosen world... By that time I've realised he was talking about the challenging constant change we live when getting out on the street, always inviting all to surf on......
    and, well you are right, about the sandwich, it was rather ridiculous...
    Surfing ! Yes ! I like that ! Life is a river of constant change, some drift along with it, some swim against the current. Some drown in it and some choose to surf on it !! It's hard to surf when you are carrying a lot of 'baggage' in life.

I used to have the occasional dream of being in school. Always an unfamiliar dream-place, unusual things happening. Not bad dreams, just discomforting. Good food for thought, though. Dream sandwiches are very interesting nibbling......

I think nobody cares about what your brain, heart, senses and emotions telling you whatever about....lol
    My brain, heart, senses and emotions tell me the world is flat.

Einstein tells me of a different world.

Balancing the possibilities against the probabilities creates one's world.

Surfing ! Yes ! I like that ! Life is a river of constant change, some drift along with it, some swim against the current. Some drown in it and some choose to surf on it !! It's hard to surf when you are carrying a lot of 'baggage' in life.

I used to have the occasional dream of being in school. Always an unfamiliar dream-place, unusual things happening. Not bad dreams, just discomforting. Good food for thought, though. Dream sandwiches are very interesting nibbling......

ok,....

Hey, Highaltitute - do you use Google to translate these threads ??

and I'm never going back to my old school............