Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Ethnic electronica"

Quote Originally Posted by bob_32_116 View Post
    Also, I don't understand why "ethnic is a worse term than "folk". Don't they mean the same thing, i.e. pertaining to the people of a particular country or region?
    When I wrote folk it was in the sense of folk music which has an accepted definition. i.e. the traditional music of the people as opposed for example to the commissioned classical music of the nobility of the 18th century.
    Ethnic music is just an empty term, it's like saying people music, or human music, all music is at some level created by people and all people have an ethnicity. That's what I was trying to say last time I just couldn't formulate it clearly.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    When I wrote folk it was in the sense of folk music which has an accepted definition. i.e. the traditional music of the people as opposed for example to the commissioned classical music of the nobility of the 18th century.
    Ethnic music is just an empty term, it's like saying people music, or human music, all music is at some level created by people and all people have an ethnicity. That's what I was trying to say last time I just couldn't formulate it clearly.
    Ah well, I'm happy to call it "folk electronica" if you like.

Suspended
    Wow, the amount of stuff to explore is ridiculous. The problem is, I have the habit of nearly always logging on here while listening to something. If it's the radio, I am normally happy to turn it off so i can listen to some of these clips, but I don't particularly want to interrupt Genesis doing Wind and Wuthering.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I'm liking the Ott and Entheogenic.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Suspended
    I still haven't clicked on them all, as I don't want to overload the senses. Of those I have listened to, I really like Ott and Kaya Project.

Kumba Mela Experiment - The Kumba Mela (Himalayan Dub)

Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS