Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
Not certain of what the TV show was but John Wetton was in the line-up at the time and they were promoting the 'Return To Fantasy' album. David Byron's vocals were shaky but he and the band still put on a good show.

'The Magician's Birthday Party' was from 2000 or 2001 at the Astoria in London. It was a one-night only thing, with the then-current line-up joined by Ken Hensley and John Lawton, meaning that Lawton era line-up were all on stage at one point. And they played things like 'Paradise/The Spell' which have rarely ever been played. Thijs Van Leer made a cameo appearance too. Since then Lee Kerslake left the band and Trevor Bolder has sadly passed away only recently.

'Sea Of Light' is the one that stuck with me as well. The production lacks a certain refinement for me, and I'm not crazy about some of the digital keyboard sounds, but the songs are the best they'd had for years. I liked a few songs after that like 'Between Two Worlds' and particularly 'Heartless Land'. The latter is very much AOR but I find it really a nice song.
I remember they played on The Midnight Special.