Thread: Miroslav Vitous-Magical Shepherd

The Enemy God

Miroslav Vitous-Magical Shepherd

Perusing in a London bookstore I heard some great prog/fusion , very distinctive and have very scant details. But I believe it's a fusion album Magical Shepherd by Miroslav Vitous. Does anyone know much about this as I heard some great Moog playing on it too.

I have it...been a while since I listened to it. I recall it's kinda funky....possible there's some moog on it, as well.
    Will dig it out tonight if I remember and report back...

I had this when it originally came out. I remember liking it, been many years.

There it is, in all it's glory.....check out that fur!

I always found it ironic that Vitous' first few solo releases were so ........commercial, in a sense......given that the official story is that he left WR because he wasn't interested in the groove-based direction they were heading...

Anyway, I spun this last night, and it's fun. Funky, fusiony, early 70's vibe......

I take it back, actually...I think this was his most commercial....Infinite Search and Purple were much more experimental and raw..

I'd heard good things about this to and was really excited when I found a copy recently. But I was really disappointed when I heard it. More funk than fusion and some pretty lame vocals if I recall correctly.

It is NOT a good one, imo...
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

I absolutely HATE vocals in Fusion

This is one of the few exceptions. The vocals are not intrusive and they are quality female vocals. The album is very Funk-y but also Space-y. It has one of those 'all we need is love' hippy type vibes like some lost Gong album. As odd a duck as this album is, I actually think it's great.
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?