Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tangerine Dream - Sorcerer (2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    I would have wanted to ask Mr. Foese a follow up question or two: What do you mean working AGAINST Virgin & Universal? What were they doing that met with your disapproval?.
    Well, it's a real simple concept. Virgin apparently owns the original versions of the albums that were released on Virgin. Hence, they can do whatever they please with them. Including not giving Froese a decent royalty rate (but then, that's probably down to the contract that was signed way back in 1973). So if Edgar re-records the old material, releases it own his own label, he can give himself whatever royalty rate he wants. And since Franke, Baumann, and Schmoelling aren't involved in the re-recordings, he doesn't have to split the royalties with them either.

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    Correct. Too funny that you mention Dave Datta's Tadream list. I was on it. That was ages ago.
    I was on Tadream for awhile too. I don't remember much about it, except for there was one particular homophobic religious wing nut on there. And I remember all the talk of TD miming to DAT when performing in concert. And I remember the beginnings of the Tangerine Tree project.

I figured that it was all about the money. I was hoping for some altruistic crusade about Froese trying to protect the original integrity of his music. It would seem that, in light of his tinkering, he's not concerned with the integrity. It's the money he really wants.
    I've got a bike you can ride it if you like

It would seem that, in light of his tinkering, he's not concerned with the integrity. It's the money he really wants.
    Surprise surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    I was on Tadream for awhile too. I don't remember much about it, except for there was one particular homophobic religious wing nut on there. And I remember all the talk of TD miming to DAT when performing in concert. And I remember the beginnings of the Tangerine Tree project.
    Ah, yes. DATgate. Those were the days.

I was hoping for some altruistic crusade about Froese trying to protect the original integrity of his music.
    The very first Dream Mixes should have dispelled that notion.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    I just got two of the most recent studio TD releases: the soundtrack from Grand Theft Auto 5 (yes really) and Chandra: Phantom Ferry 2. TD seems to release at least 2-3 new studio discs a year...so technically they are FAR more creative than many other bands.

That said...lots gets released but not much stands out.
    On the positive side, my son now knows what TD is, and likes the general sound of their music.

It's only $33 on Amazon ;-)

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by the winter tree View Post
    It's only $33 on Amazon ;-)
    $107 at Amazon UK.