Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FOREIGNER DOUBLE VISION 1978. I secretly always loved this album. admit it U lov it

I like the first two Foreigner albums however I prefer the debut album over Double Vision. I admit to liking it.

I always liked the albums on either side of “Double Vision” a lot better. The debut is my favorite album by them. I really don’t think there is a bad track on it. I liked “Head Games” a lot too. It came out while I was working on an AOR radio station and we played the hell out of it. I always kind of found “Double Vision” as a bit of a letdown after the first album. I don’t think it is nearly as good.

Quote Originally Posted by jlneudorf View Post
    Lou Gramm is coming to Saskatoon soon. Too bad I can't stand the club (likes to pack them in like sardines) as I have always loved his voice. Still dig debut, Double Vision, Head Games and IV.

Regards,
    Jon
    I saw Foreigner about 10 years ago (one of the last tours with Lou still in the band) and his voice was completely shot. I mean, it was painful to watch (and listen to). The band were great but Lou was really struggling. Maybe things have improved since then……..

Quote Originally Posted by bob_32_116 View Post
    Incidentally, I think Head Games has possibly the most tasteless cover I've seen on an album. Not sexy, not funny, just tacky, naughty in a schoolboyish kind of way. It's as though they wanted to make a cover that all the kids would buy so as to shock their parents.
    I recently read Lou Graham’s autobiography (a very good read) and he hates the album cover. I don’t remember the story of how it came to be off the top of my head, but I got the impression that it is something the band regrets.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I always liked the albums on either side of “Double Vision” a lot better. The debut is my favorite album by them. I really don’t think there is a bad track on it. I liked “Head Games” a lot too. It came out while I was working on an AOR radio station and we played the hell out of it. I always kind of found “Double Vision” as a bit of a letdown after the first album. I don’t think it is nearly as good.
    I agree with every thing you say here. Well, except that I didn't work at a Radio station when Head Games came out.

I was in jr. high when this album came out and it was a good time for music choices. I was into everything back then and I was having a blast musically. I bought this album and immediately recorded it and that cassette had a permanent home for at least a year in my cassette carrying case when I traveled with my boom box. It certainly got a lot of play.

Lou Gramm was one of the greatest singers in his prime. Double Vision had many great songs. Blue Morning Blue Day, the title track, Love Has Taken It's Toll were great tunes. but Tramatane is one of the best instrumentals ever recorded!!!!