Thread: Cheap Trick - Live At Budakon (2 disc full concert version)

Cheap Trick - Live At Budakon (2 disc full concert version)

I pulled this one out for the first time in a long time, and stuck in my car stereo today. This is still a great live album. I was head banging down the highway to “Southern Girls”, “California Man” and of course the live version of “Surrender”. Yea the girls screaming in between songs gets a little annoying, but Cheap Trick are still one of the great power pop/rock bands of all time and this album still gets me rocking.

Steve Sly

Yeah, a stone classic. I love the expanded version, but they should've not tinkered with the cover image.

Just saw these guys this past summer and all I can tell you is that Robin Zander is one of only a handful of singers that has not lost anything on his voice. He was simply amazing right up there with Randy Jackson who I just saw last year.

I like the 2 disc version much better than the old single LP. It just rocks a whole lot harder and we get the entire show, in the correct order.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    Yeah, a stone classic. I love the expanded version, but they should've not tinkered with the cover image.
    Are you talking about the 30th anniversary edition with the three cds and one dvd? If so, I love that cover.

I loved this album back in high school! It was so fun to listen to and sing along. Surrender continues to be one of my favorites after all these decades.

I have only seen the band once, back in 2004, and they were amazing! I even caught one of Rick's guitar picks that he tossed to the audience. I agree that Robin still has the chops.
    "The mountains are calling and I must go" - John Muir

"To breathe the same air as the angels, you must go to Tahoe" - Mark Twain

yeah the 19 song 2cd set fills in the gaps and is better overall for it. complete show makes much more sense and rocks harder than the original issue. really nice stuff.