Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Compare their debut albums

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    Piper is so much better than the other two, it's barely worth mentioniong. The other two aren't really even particularly good, IMO.

Piper: A-
    Sunday: B-
    FGTR: C+
    Can't argue with this, although I've only heard bits of Sunday.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    [i]Piper
    Peter Hammill's Fool's Mate or Van Der Graaf Generator's The Aerosol Grey Machine?

... many of the songs originate from the same era, although the ones on FM weren't recorded until '71. Aerosol does have "Octopus", "Necromancer" and "Running Back", but FM has "The Birds" and "Vision"...[/QUOTE]

I've never heard either one :o

On the Sunday of Life is not particularly good but it is interesting if you only know the later PT work. There's a rather shocking amount of experimentation and personality on it compared to his later work (which is much more refined and maybe a little personality-free)
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by JAMOOL View Post
    On the Sunday of Life is not particularly good but it is interesting if you only know the later PT work. There's a rather shocking amount of experimentation and personality on it compared to his later work (which is much more refined and maybe a little personality-free)
    To be honest, I had read so much faint praise for the first album on the Porcupine tree forum that when I finally got to hear the album in full I was pleasantly surprised. There is at least one later PT album that I like less.