Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Great albums that need a CD reissue, or just plain issued on CD period

Also just rereleased by Musea (I hope they Keep them coming)

A very early work by William Sheller

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    We will see some nice stuff from the 70s in September - October

Nuova Idea - IT'S AN OLD DREAM (1976, recorded after CLOWNS, unreleased!!!)
    https://nuovaidea.bandcamp.com/ (sample)

Canzoniere del Lazio - Morra (first issue on CD!)
    Sorry these will be Vinyl only releases (confused the reissue series)

Quote Originally Posted by grego View Post
    I need a reissue of Aynsley Dunbar's Blue Whale - the only prog album Dunbar has made, music reminds of Colosseum.
    CD versions are not that hard to find (there where at least two). There is also a twoofer Version (with the the first Album) which I see sometimes
    (at least in Germany).

Dual Planet just released two different LP versions of Cybotron - Colossus so hopefully the CD Version will follow soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Progbear View Post
    I have only heard the first. I had heard that they were a “total Genesis clone with no originality,” but this sounds even less like Genesis than the Neuschwanstein album to me. I don’t know...mildly jazzy pop-prog with bad Swedish vocals? Maybe the second album (Mål, which I haven’t heard) sounds more like them, but I was unimpressed enough with the first not to want to even bother.
    Not quite ready to eat my hat yet, but I finally heard Mål. Guess what? I like it BETTER than the first! The closing instrumental in particular is the best thing this band ever did! Not on a level with that Horizont album, but probably worth showing up on the reissue mill at some point. Wondering if I might like their third album (which, until recently, I didn’t even know existed!) even better. NOBODY seems to like that one!

Here’s a new-ish discovery that probably warrants more attention: Simrock 10 from Germany!

Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

^ I've had the Simrock 10 on my wantlist for a while now. I passed on a nice copy at around $100 earlier this year, and haven't seen another since.

Quote Originally Posted by Galactic Bulldozer View Post
    Moving Home - Rod Argent
    Counterpoints + Circus - Argent
    Cointerpoints was recently released on CD by the South Korean re-issue-label Big Pink. (I think the year 2020 on Discogs isn't right, the OBI mentions May 26 2021)
    https://www.clear-spot.nl/item/50255...terpoints.html

According to https://www.discogs.com/Argent-Circus/master/147159 Circus has had 3 CD-versions already
    Moving Home, the first solo-album by Rod Argent, still waits for its first release on CD.

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    That is a great one. Haakon Graf has posted four of the album songs on Youtube with the description: "Blow Out is a project initiated by Haakon Graf in 1977. Recorded in Oslo, Norway on Compendium Records by Frode Holm"
    It's available on itunes/Apple music, but I would love a CD of this one.

Not sure if it's been mentioned here but I'd really like to see a reasonably priced Kenso boxed set. I've only heard a VERY limited portion of their catalog and whenever I go looking for any of their stuff used it's always ridiculously priced. I'd go for a digital only release if that were an option.

SBB would be another one but I see some of their albums are actually available digitally now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    That is a great one. Haakon Graf has posted four of the album songs on Youtube with the description: "Blow Out is a project initiated by Haakon Graf in 1977. Recorded in Oslo, Norway on Compendium Records by Frode Holm"
    I was in touch with Hakkon Graf years ago about reissuing Blow Out. Unfortunately the master tapes aee long gone.

Follow up on Ruphus?
    IN one of my books it is titled Eberson, Graf, Hovensjon, Christensen

Banned
    Redshift's "Ether" is a real need for my collection. Don't know why Shreeve is so reluctant to market his output with Redshift.

Quote Originally Posted by PixelDelirium View Post
    SBB would be another one but I see some of their albums are actually available digitally now.
    GAD Records have reissued a bunch of SBB albums on CD recently, but they're already starting to go OOP again:
    https://kultowenagrania.pl/?s=sbb&po...roduct&lang=en

Quote Originally Posted by SunRunner2 View Post
    Redshift's "Ether" is a real need for my collection. Don't know why Shreeve is so reluctant to market his output with Redshift.
    https://redshift2.bandcamp.com/album/ether

My very very good guess is that there isn't enough demand to warrant repressing these albums on physical media, but it doesn't appear like he's NOT willing to make the music easily available.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I have Ether, Turning Towards Us & Life To Come on download, I should probably get some more
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I listen to the album whenever I come across it in my collection.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    Cointerpoints was recently released on CD by the South Korean re-issue-label Big Pink. (I think the year 2020 on Discogs isn't right, the OBI mentions May 26 2021)
    https://www.clear-spot.nl/item/50255...terpoints.html
    No love for this album? Well, I like it. Here're the final two songs (hear how Argents keyboard-sounds sometimes have a Genesis-like touch, although Tony Banks produced it a few years later; maybe Tony bought his stuff in Argent's shop too ).

No love for this album? Well, I like it. Here're the final two songs (hear how Argents keyboard-sounds sometimes have a Genesis-like touch, although Tony Banks produced it a few years later; maybe Tony bought his stuff in Argent's shop too ).
    Have it on vinyl and always thought it was their weakest. They had an unfortunate turn towards MOR once Russ Ballard left the band.
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

Quote Originally Posted by Progbear View Post
    Have it on vinyl and always thought it was their weakest. They had an unfortunate turn towards MOR once Russ Ballard left the band.
    Kind of disgree. Once Ballard was out, those last two albums were hodge-podge with some weird stuff (not sure I would call them MOR, though), but also some killer JR/F tracks.

FTM, if you were to compile the better tracks from Counterpoints & Circus into a single LP, you'd have a great jazz-rock album, not far away from the best of those times.

However, one would have to wait quite some time before RB would actually do great albums (only two of them IMHO) circa the turn of the decade: Barnett Dogs and Into The Fire.
    His first few were quite messy (IMHO, again), with the odd track ok, than those weird would-be hits that became it for others people.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Both Memoriance Records are coming on CD and Lp from Musea records soon!

Oniris and Recreation too!

How about Napoli Centrale's Qualcosa Ca Nu' Mmore? I love it, but can't find the CD anywhere for a decent price.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Idiot Flesh and Monsoon Bassoon.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

the three Warm Dust albums

I own the german boots, but would really prefer having a legit reissue (Esoteric, please??)
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Those final 10 minutes of Counterpoints are some of my favorite music anywhere. Wonderful.