Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Getting Impatient: Any news on these bands??

Can't wait for the new DeM album, the are such a Monster band.

As for the question for live concerts: The will play a gig in Rome on the 28th May

No, apparently they won't as the guitarist broke his finger (that's what I was told)
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Quote Originally Posted by calyx View Post
    Any idea if the whole band is unchanged ? I know Fabrizio Puglisi was expected to leave the band when they were last active. Hopefully he's still with them...
    It's everybody from before MINUS Fabrizio. IF I understood the email correctly, their original keyboardist who is on their 1st 3 albums returned.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

Quote Originally Posted by calyx View Post
    Who doesn't actually like champagne (or wine)...
    Still, you can not deny your cultural destiny!
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

Some other cool comebacks (although you can't top DeM)

Asia Minor are back!

Also:
    Sinkadus

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post

Also:
    Sinkadus
    I was there... and so was Aymeric...
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

^
    You lucky ones

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    Some other cool comebacks (although you can't top DeM)

Asia Minor are back!
    That’s cool news for me! Between Flesh & Divine is, for me, a classic!

I’m sure it’s already been asked but I don’t think I ever received a satisfactory answer: what about Sanhedrin? Will we ever see a follow-up to the brilliant Ever After?
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

For those impatient on Aka Moon, their last release is a double live with a different project per disc:

the first one is with Balkan (Bulgarian mostly) musician and the project is called Aka Balkan Moon (they've been at it for the last two year or so)
    Fabrizio Cassol - saxophone
; Stéphane Galland - drums
; Michel Hatzigeorgiou - bass; Tcha Limberger - violin & vocal; Fabian Fiorini – piano; Nedyalko Nedyalkov - kaval
; Tima Nedyalkov - vocal
; Vladimir Karparov - saxophones & Stoyan Yankolov - tupan

Their more venture (some 10 months old) is with Mis-Eastern musos (from Syria, Egypt and Irak, a.o.) and called AlefBa
    Fabrizio Cassol - sax; Michel Hatzigeorgiou - bass; Stéphane Galland - drums; Tcha Limberger - violin & vocal; Magic Malik - flute & vocal; Emmanuel Baily - guitar; Mustafa Saïd - oud & vocal; Sheikh Ehab Younes - vocal; Khaled AlJaramani - oud & vocal; Amir ElSaffar - trumpet & Misirli Ahmet - darbuka

And last night at The Cirque Royal, they fused the two projects for a grandiose two hour concert with the young Stuff project opening)... a 10-man world-fusion affair
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Aka-Moon/118539060359

oh yeah, a Belgian TV interview (the first 30 minutes or so) of Fabrizzio Cassol and his general environment (don't expect too much Aka Moon, even if Galand pops by for a few minutes)
    http://www.rtbf.be/video/detail_quai...ges?id=2014331
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

I was at the Asia Minor reformation gig last week. It was superb. Both albums were performed in their entirety as well as two unreleased songs which, it seems, are reworkings from a partial reformation in the early 1990s. All four core members were present - Setrak Bakirel, Eril Tekeli, Robert Kempler and Lionel Beltrami - plus bassist Evelyne Kandel. It was a very solid performance, with the vibe of the originals intact, and let's hope they get asked to perform at festivals. I know they're playing in Rome later this month. Maybe Gouveia ?
    Calyx (Canterbury Scene) - http://www.calyx-canterbury.fr
    Legends In Their Own Lunchtime (blog) - https://canterburyscene.wordpress.com/
    My latest books : "Yes" (2017) - https://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/yes/ + "L'Ecole de Canterbury" (2016) - http://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/lecoledecanterbury/ + "King Crimson" (2012/updated 2018) - http://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/kingcrimson/
    Canterbury & prog interviews - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdf...IUPxUMA/videos

Quote Originally Posted by kid_runningfox View Post
    Well it certainly won't at the moment, because I'm living and working in China, and will be for the next couple of years at least! You'd have to ask Norman about putting some music of his own out, however (whether he chooses to put that out as 'Vietgrove' or not, I couldn't say, but I'd think it would be unlikely). I would like to get some of the solo instrumental acoustic music I've been writing and performing for the last few years recorded and released, and also would like to record some material with jamband-based trio I was working with before I came out here when I'm back in the UK over the summer. Vietgrove stuff, though, is generally written and recorded over a long timeframe, and with the two of us working together in the same physical location (I hate the idea of recording albums remotely, never mind the prospect of actually doing it). So I can't see it happening any time soon. Btw, it's great to know that at least somebody likes out music!!
    This is the perfect opportunity for one of those digital multi-continent collaborations!
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Just Eric View Post
    This is the perfect opportunity for one of those digital multi-continent collaborations!
    It really wouldn't work with us. Even if I had the technology to do it, one of the genuine pleasures of working on Vietgrove material is the sense of discovery and mutual inspiration that comes from the two of us working together in the same physical space.

phideaux - infernal
    abarax - devious doorways
    salva - album nr 4
    Last edited by act; 05-17-2015 at 02:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by act View Post
    abarax - devious doorways
    Abarax from time to time post at their website
    Last post from 22.11.2014:
    "Unfortunately, the release of our new album will take more time to complete, we still have lots of problems with our rehearsal room (moisture and mustiness). It's currently impossible to work there. So we hope to present "Devious Doorways" next year till summer's end."
    http://www.abarax.de/index.htm

Dark Suns? To-Mera? Indukti? Custodian?

I wonder what happened to Phideaux? He used to frequent this forum quite often, but as of late has disappeared. I was lucky enough to see him and a scaled down version of his band perform last year at a small gig in Tarzana California, and they were simply wonderful. And they played a song that will be, if it ever happens, on the Infernal album. Phideaux Xavier is a real nice man, and IMO highly talented. I'm not so keen on American prog bands, but Phideaux has won me over completely! They are my favorite American prog act. I hope they still exist, and hope that Infernal will soon become a reality.
    Day dawns dark...it now numbers infinity.

Quote Originally Posted by kid_runningfox View Post
    one of the genuine pleasures of working on Vietgrove material is the sense of discovery and mutual inspiration that comes from the two of us working together in the same physical space.
    That's perfectly understandable and it shows in the recorded material...
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS