Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tatsuya Yoshida (Ruins, Koenjihyakkei, Korekyojin, and a dozen other things)

That one's on my wishlist! Sounds incredible, as you mention - I had always thought that Yoshida's albums had some measure of overdubbing on them but after watching some videos on Youtube it seems like this isn't the case. I've heard a lot of great things about that one so I'll probably pick 'er up soon.

Here is another track off the Yoshida album I recorded
    This is the sort of improv / realtime composition that I find really cool
    https://soundcloud.com/udi-koomran/tatsuya-yoshida

From following Yoshida on Facebook, I surmise another Koenjihyakkei album is coming? Thank Christ!!
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

Amazing talent. Lucky enough to have seen him a number of times

Quote Originally Posted by Udi Koomran View Post
    Yoshida with Sakoto Fuji - Toh-Kichi
    including this show at FIMAV

https://soundcloud.com/magaibutsu/ko...ll-line-digest

KOREKYOJINN / Fall Line
    magaibutsu lmited MGC-47
    7/15 on sale. distributed by Disk Union

Breathless 6:18
    Dislocation 9:03
    Island Man 6:25
    Gulch 9:10
    High Time 6:54
    Eventide 7:25
    Clean Cut 6:43
    Fall Line 8:55
    total 61 min.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    ^ Ordered and eagerly waiting.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

I have a bootleg of Korekyojinn from 2012. anyone know if track 6 is really untitled or what it might be otherwise. someone is speaking at the end of Watershed about the next song but I can't really make out what he's saying too well. it does sound like he's saying "it's something new"

Korekyojinn, Barcelona, 2012-10-14

1 - Arabesque 6:26
    2 - Swan Dive 8:31
    3 - Tundra 7:41
    4 - Kaleidoscope 9:15
    5 - Watershed 8:28
    6 - Untitled "C" 6:30
    7 - Exodus 5:27
    8 - Isotope 7:00
    9 - Jackson 7:06
    i.ain't.dead.irock

Awesome - but where's the 5th Koenji album?? :P

Listening to the newest Koenji album, but really focusing on Yoshida right now. He's such a badass, what a talent.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

Ruins Pallaschtom is SICK. Wow. Not only is the music and performance insanely great but this music also really stretches one as a listener. I mean, if you really want to attempt to follow every minute detail, lick, jam, melody, counterpoint, etc etc it takes some serious concentration and I think I'm using a part of my meatball that seems to be dusty.....but willing. Ruins!

PS - unrelated but I've also been on a bit of a Coltrane binge....there are no words. Especially '63 on...

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Ruins Pallaschtom is SICK. Wow. Not only is the music and performance insanely great but this music also really stretches one as a listener. I mean, if you really want to attempt to follow every minute detail, lick, jam, melody, counterpoint, etc etc it takes some serious concentration and I think I'm using a part of my meatball that seems to be dusty.....but willing. Ruins!

PS - unrelated but I've also been on a bit of a Coltrane binge....there are no words. Especially '63 on...
    Yes, this is great and it contains the full spectrum of Ruins versatilie music. Did we say in the other thread that this one is a very good starting point for beginners (the sound is much clearer)?

As for old John, I was listening to Transition the other day and was completely taken by its relentless force. Elvin Jones sounds like he had just eaten John Bonham for breakfast and then sat on the stool to play. Demolition mode.

But my main binge these days is Zappa. I am currently getting acquainted with his posthumous releases - whose existence I refused to acknowledge all this time - and there is some incredible music in there (Imaginary Diseases anyone?). Anyway, off topic.

Muppet Drummer!!
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    totally - it's so rare to find music that's constantly shifting like that. you almost can't believe someone sat down and wrote it. Autechre give me a similar feeling, though obviously in a much different genre (though really, if you're digging those late-period Ruins albums, Autechre may be right up your alley)

Following.

Yoshida melted my nosehairs.

Time for a Commercial Break!

Tantra Tokyo's Premium Gentlemen's Club shows featuring geisha, burlesque, and a cast of over 50 beautiful exotic dancers from Japan and all over the world.